Are you getting a KRONOS?

Thorhead

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I haven't any need or desire. All's good up in here.

There are many other things I desire, decent active speakers, mic/stand.

The next gen ipad comes out in April, will have two, yes II cameras. One on each side like some phones already carry.

I can envision a new app type that allows the user to take two pics at once, if wanted, and place yourself in the other pic?

Chas

• Members

If I got one it would be the 61 key

I do not NEED a KRONOS (my focus is programmed and sequenced music)

I would LOVE to own one (it has awesome cool synth engines and 61 keys would be nice to have)

It would interrupt the learning curve of other gear that I do NEED and currently own

Common sense tells me not to get one.

I am sad that I must obey the puter in my head as it is a wise one :cry:

• Members

Its a no-brainer if you previously had a collection of workstations like I did ( XS7, M3M, Extreme).

And since the Kronos has a huge acoustic piano, I can sell my Rd700GX1. From all indications, the Kronos will outperform all of my other boards. Its not easy letting go of my rig, since they are all great instruments.

I am looking forward to having 1 keyboard( 88) and all sounds under 1 hood. (I have a simple 49 key midi controller

for fast synth or hammond parts if I really need light action.)

I think the " Wakeman" approach of having multiple boards will be unnecessary.

It will be a good change. No need to access to 10,000 sounds spread across 4 or more

boards. I can always load samples to the Kronos if I feel it falls short on an instrument.

• Members

Yes. I think the Kronos 88 + Fusion 61 will be the ultimate synth rig.

Edit: And I must say that the Kronos being out there has killed so much GAS. I used to always be looking for a sequencer/drum machine on Ebay or Craigslist, trying to decide if I wanted an EMU PX-7 or an expanded MC-909... I was also looking into getting into a DAW environment instead of my hardware recorder...

Now since the Kronos does all that in such a nice, integrated package, I don't want any of these things anymore. Especially since my wife says we can budget for one this year :)

• Members

It's just another run-of-the-mill boring workstation that sounds bland and everything it can do can be done with a computer at 1/10 of the price so no, I am not getting a Kronos.

Yes, I'm cranky because I too prepared to be amazed. But there just ain't no font sizes large enough to express the 'meh' of overwhelming indifference I felt when they announced it.

That's all, carry on kids.

• Members

It's just another run-of-the-mill boring workstation that sounds bland and everything it can do can be done with a computer at 1/10 of the price so no, I am not getting a Kronos.

Yes, I'm cranky because I too prepared to be amazed. But there just ain't no font sizes large enough to express the 'meh' of overwhelming indifference I felt when they announced it.

That's all, carry on kids.

will you be less cranky if we give you $3700 for a Kronos ?

:)

• Members

I'd love to have one. BUT I don't really need one. I've got some perfectly capable gear that, collectively, does everything the Kronos can. I admit, though, that it would be nice to reduce my gear footprint to just one board. And, the acoustic piano sounded really nice. :eek:

Yeah. I dunno, would love one, but...

• Members

I'd love to have one. BUT I don't really need one. I've got some perfectly capable gear that, collectively, does everything the Kronos can. I admit, though, that it would be nice to reduce my gear footprint to just one board. And, the acoustic piano sounded really nice.
:eek:

Yeah. I dunno, would love one, but...

and change your monniker to Elektrik Kuppy

:)

Archived