Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Typo, sorry.

You know what's funny though? It doesn't seem like much... 11Gb vs 12Gb... but the difference is four times the ROM of Roland's current top workstation offering

(and what, about 10 times the PC3 ROM including the orchestral sounds...)
    http://www.reverbnation.com/christianschulze

Comment

Those orchestral sounds are kicking ass, man.
      If you need a KSP script, e-mail me! Depending on amount of work, the price can be arranged!

Folio: Zero-G - Animato | Sonokinetic - Tigris & Euphrates - Desert Voice - Carousel - Toccata - Voices Of Israel - EMP - FE | Hollow Sun - HSDV Drum Synthesiser - Music Laboratory Machines Series - RMI Electrapiano

Comment

Yamaha? Modelled? Nooooooo... CP-1 (if you're thinking about CP-1?) is not modelled at all :P Check this out: http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1372808/1.html

I got this far:

''The test is not taking into account aspects of the CP1 AP that are modelled, for example hammer hardness. Also, the approach to dynamics is new (according to Yamaha) and the proof is in the playing. It has a remarkable range and smoothness. Play it, and you'll be left wondering what the fuss is about, in terms of the DP BSD results. Adjusting the hammers on this instrument is amazing, and transforms the pianos! (And that is only one aspect that has been modelled).

The DP BSD is not the be all and end all - especially for an instrument that combines samples and modeling. (And also, let's not forget that the interpretation of the test results is to a certain extent subjective - and being made by one individual).''

Was there a specific issue you have with Yams claim to include modelling in their products?
        世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

Obvious looping negates modelling aspects.
          If you need a KSP script, e-mail me! Depending on amount of work, the price can be arranged!

Folio: Zero-G - Animato | Sonokinetic - Tigris & Euphrates - Desert Voice - Carousel - Toccata - Voices Of Israel - EMP - FE | Hollow Sun - HSDV Drum Synthesiser - Music Laboratory Machines Series - RMI Electrapiano

Comment

Actually, Kronos has two pianos that are over 4 GB in size (so they are the majority of Kronos' 11 GB of sample data). One German (Steinway D), and one Japanese (most likely a Yamaha C7).

Actually, I like PC3's keyboard action much more than RH3 (it is even possible to play some Hammond smears and stuff on it, while on RH3 it's pretty much impossible)... So there... Kronos 61 it is (cheaper, too).

thx for that, I don't geek out over specs like some.

its a shame to not have the 88 if you are a piano person. I have a 49 M-audio if really needed fast synths, smears, etc.
            I live a life of fearless self invention

If you want to see God laugh, don't make any plans

Good is the Enemy of Great

Comment

...that's why I have a Kurzweil PC3K8

Comment

Obvious looping negates modelling aspects.

Hmmmm, it does not explain your comment:

''Yamaha? Modelled? Nooooooo... CP-1 (if you're thinking about CP-1?) is not modelled at all :P Check this out: ''

Firing from the hip thar buddy... LOL ;-)
                世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

10 years is a long time for wishful thinking

Haha. Okay, if you put it that way... I might get one, hm, next year or something - now is not the time to buy more hardware for me as I move around quite a bit. To be honest, though, I find the hype over this thing slightly amusing. I mean, come on, it's not the flaming second coming, it's a keyboard with a bunch of repackaged stuff from other keyboards, new and better acoustic / emulative sounds than last year's keyboards (as if that was a first...), and a new storage medium (SSD in this case). Like, yay. We've seen this thing a million times before, but people still go nuts over it. Sure, it's progress, but nothing radical.

I do like it, from what I know about it so far. The sound quality really seems to be there, and the whole thing is nicely done. And it's great value for money, apparently. I might get it some time. It's just not something I get very excited about. I get excited about stuff like Tone2's Gladiator 2, which sounds like nothing else and is actually fairly fresh new stuff (at least when it was new...) with a highly unique synthesis engine. This thing? It's just plain good, and what I'd expect from a new workstation in 2011 - nothing more, nothing less.
                  Selected Gearlist: Yamaha PSR-760, 3 meter long Hosa stereo cable (jack to phono).

Comment

Hmmmm, it does not explain your comment:

''Yamaha? Modelled? Nooooooo... CP-1 (if you're thinking about CP-1?) is not modelled at all :P Check this out: ''

Firing from the hip thar buddy... LOL ;-)

Well, yes, the sound itself is not purely modelled. It's a hybrid, with emphasis on darned looped samples (sucky and cheapskatey).

Comment

Haha. Okay, if you put it that way... I might get one, hm, next year or something - now is not the time to buy more hardware for me as I move around quite a bit. To be honest, though, I find the hype over this thing slightly amusing. I mean, come on, it's not the flaming second coming, it's a keyboard with a bunch of repackaged stuff from other keyboards, new and better acoustic / emulative sounds than last year's keyboards (as if that was a first...), and a new storage medium (SSD in this case). Like, yay. We've seen this thing a million times before, but people still go nuts over it. Sure, it's progress, but nothing radical.

I do like it, from what I know about it so far. The sound quality really seems to be there, and the whole thing is nicely done. And it's great value for money, apparently. I might get it some time. It's just not something I get very excited about. I get excited about stuff like Tone2's Gladiator 2, which sounds like nothing else and is actually fairly fresh new stuff (at least when it was new...) with a highly unique synthesis engine. This thing? It's just plain good, and what I'd expect from a new workstation in 2011 - nothing more, nothing less.

hey, this is America. We celebrate the mediocre and admire marketing hype.

Think Super Bowl, the ads, budweiser and Ronald Reagan, government statistics.

Its what we are best at
                      I live a life of fearless self invention

If you want to see God laugh, don't make any plans

Good is the Enemy of Great

Comment

Well, yes, the sound itself is not purely modelled. It's a hybrid, with emphasis on darned looped samples (sucky and cheapskatey).

I totally accept your superior tastes in these matters as a PIANO man and connoisseur.... LOL
                        世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

It's just a subjective opinion, you take it with a grain of salt.

Comment

It's just another run-of-the-mill boring workstation that sounds bland and everything it can do can be done with a computer at 1/10 of the price so no, I am not getting a Kronos.

1/10 is only $300 oke:

Why do people always leave the price of the computer out of the argument? $300 won't buy you much in the way of software, anyway

No, I am not buying a Kronos. I have too much time and $$$ invested in patches, samples and sequences for Yamaha gear to jump ship...just took delivery on an XF yesterday

BTW I also use software (Live, Melodyne, Absynth, A.C.E., Synplant) and I paid a lot more than $300 for it.
                            My VCAs go to 11

Comment

now that I have Komplete 7, I'm satisfied.

Wait until Komplete 8 comes along...and hope it will run on Win8 and OS XI
                              My VCAs go to 11

Comment

Oh, I'll wait for Komplete 8. Just have to buy an upgrade by that time u_u

Comment

Working...
                                X