If only Nord made a MIDI controller

Nillerbabs

• Members

Hey folks,

I've been on the lookout for a live-friendly MIDI-controller recently. Not only do I need an aftertouch-sensitive waterfall-keybed, which limits the scope quite a bit, but controllers also seem studio and/or software oriented, as most of them are blistering with knobs and sliders. Furthermore, I hear many reports on software bugs among controllers.

It would be extremely cool if Nord made a 73-key controller to put above a weighted Stage, with full morphing capability, yet a lot of blank space where you could place your Slim Phatty, Tetra, effects etc.. It would be great for those with Nords, and quite possible for those without, too.

Just a thought.

nordstagecontroller.png

Niels

• Members

I politely asked about this a couple of years ago. Nord explained that they would never produce a controller keyboard. They were actually quite rude in their response - no idea why. :freak:

I love using my Nord Stage as a controller - the feel of the keybed and their excellent pitch stick are perfect! :love:

• Members

I politely asked about this a couple of years ago. Nord explained that they would
never
produce a controller keyboard. They were actually quite rude in their response - no idea why.
:freak:

I love using my Nord Stage as a controller - the feel of the keybed and their excellent pitch stick are perfect!
:love:

Too bad they're reluctant on this matter - they really could bring some neat stuff to the table, adding a much needed bar-raise of the market!

True that about Stage as a controller, but if you need to gig with a weighted Stage like me, adding a Compact just for its control capability seems a waste of ressources at best. Oh Goodness, how hard could it be to make a good controller when all the material is there in all the good keyboards we use.

Archived