If only Nord made a MIDI controller

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If only Nord made a MIDI controller

Hey folks,

I've been on the lookout for a live-friendly MIDI-controller recently. Not only do I need an aftertouch-sensitive waterfall-keybed, which limits the scope quite a bit, but controllers also seem studio and/or software oriented, as most of them are blistering with knobs and sliders. Furthermore, I hear many reports on software bugs among controllers.

It would be extremely cool if Nord made a 73-key controller to put above a weighted Stage, with full morphing capability, yet a lot of blank space where you could place your Slim Phatty, Tetra, effects etc.. It would be great for those with Nords, and quite possible for those without, too.

Just a thought.

Niels
    Niels Münster

Not a bad idea. But why not go whole hog:

Comment

The waterfall keys are going to be the stopping force, I'm afraid. Otherwise, you're looking at the lighter action version of the VAX-77.

Comment

The waterfall keys are going to be the stopping force, I'm afraid. Otherwise, you're looking at the lighter action version of the VAX-77.

Do these only come with those lightly weighted hammer-action keyboards?
        Niels Münster

Comment

Yep, in two weights.
          If you need a KSP script, e-mail me! Depending on amount of work, the price can be arranged!

Folio: Zero-G - Animato | Sonokinetic - Tigris & Euphrates - Desert Voice - Carousel - Toccata - Voices Of Israel - EMP - FE | Hollow Sun - HSDV Drum Synthesiser - Music Laboratory Machines Series - RMI Electrapiano

Comment

Yep, in two weights.

Actually, I read that they're only making the heavier weight now, because that's what almost all their sales were. But it's still supposed to be a good action for organ.

Comment

The stage is a great midi controller but of course comes with all the other stuff at a large price

MIDI Controllers kind of suck these days. Luckily I play mostly piano so the weighted CP300 works quite well.

Comment

No space to put stuff on top?
                -----------------Mike PensiniPiano/Keyboard/Producer/Musical Director/Writertwitter.com/mikepensini | facebook.com/mikepensinimusic | youtube.com/groovatious

Comment

I politely asked about this a couple of years ago. Nord explained that they would never produce a controller keyboard. They were actually quite rude in their response - no idea why.

I love using my Nord Stage as a controller - the feel of the keybed and their excellent pitch stick are perfect!
                  Best Regards, James
                  --
                  I have cast fire upon the world and I am guarding it until it blazes.

My Newest CD "Stealing The Sun": http://carbon111.bandcamp.com/

Carbon111 Website: http://www.carbon111.com

Carbon111 Blog: http://carbon111.blogspot.com

Comment

No space to put stuff on top?

Just an idea.

Comment

I politely asked about this a couple of years ago. Nord explained that they would never produce a controller keyboard. They were actually quite rude in their response - no idea why.

I love using my Nord Stage as a controller - the feel of the keybed and their excellent pitch stick are perfect!

Too bad they're reluctant on this matter - they really could bring some neat stuff to the table, adding a much needed bar-raise of the market!

True that about Stage as a controller, but if you need to gig with a weighted Stage like me, adding a Compact just for its control capability seems a waste of ressources at best. Oh Goodness, how hard could it be to make a good controller when all the material is there in all the good keyboards we use.
                      Niels Münster

Comment

Working...
                      X