Wulitzer 210 Electric Piano.

profgalen

• Members

I recently acquired this Wulitzer 210 EP. I works fine and is in tune. The Tremolo doesn't work. Any idea as to the going price on eBay or Reverm.com? Can I run a line out from the headphone jack to an amp or house PA? I have a Poly-Tone Mini-Brute I think would sound good with this. This model has a 40w built in amp with 4X8" speakers. Any information would be helpful

71327a349722cc8fb88bae0497fc2e94.thumb.jpg.4252f2268a4fc306c3985be552a9e9bc.jpg

924aff6e4e3cee434015dadc397d3fb0.thumb.jpg.aff76397d0e71f04524d6c07280f82c3.jpg

• Members

I have a much earlier 'Wurli' , a model 140. It has an RCA jack on the back panel that apparently acts as a "line out". My piano has the speaker on the back, so the couple of times I've recorded it I just closed-mic'd it with an Audix i5 mic (similar to a Shure SM57). If you're stuck using the headphone output for a line out, a direct box that can handle a speaker-level signal like the Countryman 85 DI box would be the ticket for direct recording or amplifying through a PA system.

As far as value. the portable versions are more valuable than the many "educational" ones out there in the used market. They built a LOT of these for "piano teaching labs" back in the 70s. If you have an eBay membership, just search for wurlitzer pianos, and check the "completed auctions" checkbox.

• Members

I can see how a more portable piano would be more desirable. This console unit is tough to move about. However apparently there were not a lot of these made. Can't find any compleated on eBay. This is the only model that has 4 speakers. It has been called the pinnacle of Wulitzer EPs for its sound. I talked to Adam at Vintage Vibe Keyboards in NJ. He said the value is between $1200 to $1800. I was suprized. It does sound good on its own. You are right on about a DI box. I have one around here somewhere. Also works pretty goon run into a return of an f/x loop thus bypassing the amps preamp.

Archived