Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this isn't new per se- i bought it on the cheap in a right-place-at-the-right-time eBay auction and shelved it while i hunted down a competent bay area synth tech. finally, it's restored. everything is original on this with the exception of new bushings and new electrolytic capacitors, this is about as nice as original minimoogs come.

Comment

this isn't new per se- i bought it on the cheap in a right-place-at-the-right-time eBay auction and shelved it while i hunted down a competent bay area synth tech. finally, it's restored. everything is original on this with the exception of new bushings and new electrolytic capacitors, this is about as nice as original minimoogs come.

It looks great! But from the pic it seems you already had one?
      SynthMania.com
      SynthManiaYouTube

Comment

It looks great! But from the pic it seems you already had one?

yep, i definitely like 'em. i also still have the DLP edition Voyager although its days are numbered.

Comment

I just finished a boombox/coffehouse PA project I've been concocting.

Ordered a pair of 6x9 speaker boxes and some 3-way Alphasonik drivers, wired it all up, stuffed the box with some acoustic fiberglass and screwed on some latches, handles and rubber feet.

Gets very loud and has some nice hard hitting bass considering the small package. I've also got a 10" Alphasonik powered sub that can be used in conjunction with these for when I need a more powerful full range system.

SPECIFICATIONS:

Give me my moog, but **** off you american techno rockstar! people in countries I've never been to do it better than you!

Computer Music Guide

Comment

that's awesome. now you're already to play the saftey dance.

Thanks!

So if you guys were in the market for something like this, how much would you be willing to pay for it?

My friends and family think I should build these and sell them online and at flea markets, street fairs etc.

It sounds better than any of the boomboxes at Best Buy and it's way more durable.

Comment

That's a pretty awesome setup you have there, Plaid. What specifically do you plan on using it for? I'd say $350 to $400, if you were going to price it.

Comment

That's a pretty awesome setup you have there, Plaid. What specifically do you plan on using it for? I'd say $350 to $400, if you were going to price it.

Thanks. Mostly using it for casual listening in the bedroom and also having something to take on vacation for use in hotel rooms or campsites with electricity.

I have thought it could be used for those situations when I'm playing a small gig. Then if I need to I can also bring along the powered sub I built for my home theater and use it as a very loud little 2.1 PA system:

I was thinking more like $250 so $350 - $400 is encouraging. I've got maybe around $170 in parts and maybe about an hour and a half build time. That would lessen with experience once I get to building them more quickly.

Maybe $275 - $300 might be easier to swallow in this economic climate.

Of course, I've thought about buying one of those little rechargeable AC battery packs but I'm not sure how much run time I'd get out of it. Digital amps are supposed to be very energy efficient.

Comment

Psh, you're not supposed to tell people how much time it took to make, nor how many wild animals you had to battle to get the parts. Silly, silly.

Comment

Psh, you're not supposed to tell people how much time it took to make, nor how many wild animals you had to battle to get the parts. Silly, silly.

Well this is strictly confidential market research that stays right here in this forum... right?

Seriously though, I'm thinking about it. I've already got lots of experience with graphic design so promotional/website materials would be taken care of. It's just the shipping thing that would kill me if I sell them online. It's a little on the heavy side but that's the price you pay for sound quality and durability.

I really think selling them locally, in person would be the best strategy. People could hear and see how great it sounds and how well they're built. Also that avoids a paperwork/income trail as well. FU*K the IRS!!!!!

Anyone here want to be my first customer?

Comment

something like that could be cool for street musicians as well.
                      Synths: TT-303 . Analog Four . Octatrack . uWave II . Monotribe . Monotron Delay . MonotronDrum Machines: Machinedrum UWmkI . Vermona Kick LancetNew DJ Mix - AcidTed - Question Everything

Comment

something like that could be cool for street musicians as well.

Hell yeah! I wish I had a V-Accordian for testing.

Comment

tell me how that PPG emulator is, i've had my eye on replacing my Microwave XT with it since i'm trying to downsize my studio.

So far it is excellent. The sound is Waldorf wonderful and it's really easy to setup a user bank. Just drag and drop. What's even better is that you can switch the characteristics between those of a PPG 2.2 and 2.3. Pretty much the use of 8 bit or 12 bit. Or you could use the full blown modern waveforms that I believe are 16 bit but I'll have to refer to the manual for sure.
                          https://soundcloud.com/jersey-blokeDSI Mopho X4Elektron Analog FourAkai MPC 2500StudioLive 16.0.2 Digital MixerAllen & Heath Xone VF-1 Analog Stereo FilterStudio One V2.5 Professional EditionAbleton Live 9 Standard

Comment

SO far it is excellent. The sound is Waldorf wonderful and it's really easy to setup a user bank. Just drag and drop. What's even better is that you can switch the characteristics between those of a PPG 2.2 and 2.3. Pretty much the use of 8 bit or 12 bit. Or you could use the full blown modern waveform that I believe are 16 bit but I'll have to refer to the manual for sure.

that sounds very cool- i've gotta download the evaluation version tonight.

Comment

The year was 1984. At a friend's party, I hear Frankie Goes To Hollywood's "Relax" for the first time. It blew me away. I was fifteen and had started to get into synthesizers that same year. In a music magazine, I read that the producer used a keyboard called "Fairlight" that cost like four luxury cars of the time. I've wanted one since.

The year was 1985. On an italian tv program called "DJ Television" I hear Propaganda's "Duel" for the first time. I fell in love with the song and its sounds. Again from music magazines I find out that the band used a keyboard called "PPG" (that only cost like two luxury cars). I've wanted one since.

27 and 26 years later, the stars aligned for me this month and the eyes were a bit misty when loading up my first sound on the IIx (I picked - goes without saying - "ARR1") and when spotting the classic wavetable bass and synth sounds on the 2.3 (which I'm actually using in 2.2 mode for that nostalgia factor)

SynthMania.com
                              SynthManiaYouTube

Comment

you are freaking kidding me Paolo. Major congratulations!
                                Response from John from American Musical Supply on why I have received 2 used/damaged Korg M3's and 1 reboxed M3 from Guitar Center (a.k.a. while I'll never buy from AMS again):Footfall wrote:What you're experiencing with these units is the result of our warehouse crew intentionally "overpacking" this product.Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, nanoPAD 2

Comment

• Working...
                                  X