OK KORG Fanboys What KORG products do you own and how do you use them?

DJ RAZZ

• Members

OK guys if you like KORG show me your rigs or list your stuff. Also how are you using them?

I currently own

Microstation for Live

Microsampler for Live

Monotron for fun

Ipad electribe and MS-20, OK I guess, not great, may sell...

Pitchblack Tuner for Live

NON korg stuff M-audio Kestation ES, Boss RC-50 for live

Wish List. M3 73

Microkorg original for the 2nd time

Kaoss Quad and Kaossolator Pro for DJ'ing and fun (miss my Roland SP-555 though).

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I do this as a hobby for fun and to help me forget about work.

I currently own

DW-6000, collects dust while I procrastinate on converting it into a synth module. The key bed is really beat up on it.

DSS-1, fun to sample with and I really like the ability to draw wave forms to create sounds.

MS2000BR, only got it a few weeks back, I need to play around with it more.

Wavestation SR, also got it a few weeks back and it's the reason the MS2000BR has been getting neglected.

Wish list,

MS-20 and SQ-10

DW-8000 for the second time.

Prophecy or Z1 would be nice as well.

• Members

WOW, Love the 6000 and MS2000B.

I had a MONO/POLY, an 8000, a Poly800, and an M-1 in the day. The only board I could not connect with was the Trinity, thought it was thin, over compressed in a bad way, and clipped a lot. I am being serious. Maybe I just could not work the thing correctly. Sold both the 8000 and the MONO/POLY for around $400 a piece, so stupid.

Oh and by the way, that was very funny McHale. Sorry you got so much grief on the other Thread.

Got tired of asking for help or asking boring questions and getting very little response or reaction. So these threads are more entertaining. My name is RAZZ and I am a TROLL, no I mean Alcoholic, no Alcoholic TROLL, oh I don't know. But who the greater TROLL, the TROLL himself or the TROLL who follows him/her.

• Members

Fully loaded Korg M3-61.

Uses: Main sequencer, controller keyboard, sampler, Kaoss Pad.

Korg Legacy Collection (KLC-1)

Uses: Sound design, tone generators, FX processing.

Also have a Radias-R but it's up for sale. I've come to realize that I like my VA's and RA's simple and the Radias, although awesome, is a bit too complicated for my liking. I find myself using the Radias in my M3 a lot more often.

• Members

I'm not strictly a Korg fanboy (I like all synths), but my current Korg list is:

DW8000

MS2000

2 - MS2000R

X5D

miniKorg 700s (non functioning ATM)

Once owned:

Korg MonoPoly

PolySix (miss that board dearly)

MS20 (to this day I don't know what the hoopla is all about). :idk:

• Members

I'm not a fanboy but I love the old crude Korgs from the 70's and 80's. I've got a Lambda string machine that I use for acid bass lines and pianos... sorry, I mean fat swirling strings and pads. ;)

I wish I had Korg Kronos.

MS10 - maybe, but no room.

Monotron and Micro.* - no, thanks.

• Members

I own a number of Korg guitar tuners. I like them much better than any other tuner on the market (including Roland). Bought my first one in 1980 (still works fine)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyBeEXH02lwE6lGms8g2B

my newest one in 2009

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzbpSXcG-d2G0_64haD-i

and even picked up a few that had been left behind at gigs.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGkWBarCf-agCg1iQbRe7

Why so many? I keep one in every gig bag so I always have a tuner no matter what instrument I bring on a gig.

• Members

4 Korg M1s (2 boards two racks with one of each type for parts), Korg Legacy collection because its just better than the original hardware IMHO. I had started using the Nanopad until Akai came out with the LPK-25 (which I adore!)

Along with my other stuff... I make music :)

• Members

Big Korg fan (though I do have a bunch of other gear...)

Korg OASYS 76 - a real workhorse for songwriting, great synth engines, great sounds.

Korg Lambda - classic string machine with a dual BBD chorus. Lush.

Korg ER-1 and ES-1 Electribes - fun but flexible and usful rhythm boxes, love the X0X-style programming.

• Members

I currently own an M3, Prophecy, EMX-1 and ESX-1. I have owned a Z1, Triton, Triton rack, ER1, EA1, MS2000, Radias, and probably a few others over the years.

I use the M3 for my stage board. I just take that and it does everything. The EMX is my primary drum machine, despite being terribly beat up and having a terrible buzzing in its tubes. The ESX I do not currently use because it has some weird problem with its display and Ive been to lazy to get it fixed. The prophecy is kept for sentimental reasons, but hardly used.

• Members

MS20 (to this day I don't know what the hoopla is all about).
:idk:

In some contexts it can be pretty ameeezing. Check out the whole video for lots of synth goodness- moog source (although on this particular song i don't think they use it), rhodes, solina string ensemble, manikin memotron...MS20 solo at 4:23 until the end

[video=youtube;uRHhrkXse3I]

• Members

I first started playing live during the pre-midi days and my first Korg keyboard was the EPS-1.

It was a real treat to be able to have a unit that could layer strings and piano at the same time, who would've thought about something so cool?

I remember getting a Poly-800 when they came out, pretty cool for the time.

As far as Korg keyboards I own today, only 2, an Oasys 88 with all expansions and a Radias.

• Members

atm i actually dont have anything Korg in my studio..not even a pedal.. that is a devastating conclusion.. i always had some korgs..

my first ever synth was Poly 800, Triton Pro, followed by Triton Studio Pro, then i gave up on workstations and romplers completely... that is until Kronos showed up. this might be a great asset to my live gig setup - taking care of user samples, piano and ep etc.. have to try first hand.

i would like a SV-1 but the lack of any posibility of getting some other sounds inside cooled me down. if they ever make a new version, with this capability, like Clavia has... that youre not cornered to using the same rhodes samples all the time... etc.. id get it. it perfect for me... the UI, the effects, the rhodes type keybed.. everything.

as for MS-20, i had a friends unit for a while, and it was a love hate thing. i didnt like its basic oscillator tone, kinda thin. but loved the filters, the enc followers, pitch to cv, modular routing and crazy fx... dunno, maybe one day.

Archived