Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK KORG Fanboys What KORG products do you own and how do you use them?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Wavestation SR that I use mainly for pads and weirdness.

... an M3 that I use as a scratch pad for songwriting, and in some cases for complete production.

... an ESX-1, EMX-1, EA-1, and ER-1, which I use for cooking up rhythms and bass lines, and just plain fun.

... a Triton Pro with Moss that I don't use much any more, but it's worth more to me than I can sell it for, so I keep it.

... an R3 for playing around with in my favorite easy chair.

... a Radias that complements the Virus, Q, Andromeda, and V-Synth quite well.

... a D3200 that I use for portable multi-tracking.

... a Kaoss Pad and KP3 that I use with various drum machines and grooveboxes.

... DS-10+ for playing on the go.

And last, I've had a Poly 800 for over 25 years that now gathers dust in a closet.
    Kronos, Fant.G8, PC3X, K2500RS, A6, Q, M3-61, Fant.X7, Motif 8, EX5(x2), V-Synth, K2000(x2), D50, JD800, JD990, JP8080, XP30, MC909, MC505, JX-10, JX-305, TR-707, Juno 1, DR-202, Radias, Triton Pro, Wavest. SR, EMX1, ESX1, ER-1, EA-1, R3, Poly 800, RS7000, FS1R (x2), RM1X, AN200, DX200, QY70, QY100, K5000S, OB-12, Maschine,ASR10,ASR88,ASR-X Pro, EPS,Virus B, Equinox,E-Mu XL-7,MiniAK, Synthstation,X-Station, XioSynth,TG33,Venom,V50,UltraNova,Z1,Spark,Moog LP Stage II, JP8000,Tetra,Supernova 2.

Comment

* X3R - This is a rack mount version of the X3 workstation, basically an X2 workstation with fewer keys and no "X2 Piano".
      When I use it, it's for a few key patches I love to this day; a very nice thick electric piano/synth/pad thing, a very crisp drumkit, and a random-pitched velocity-switched synth patch.

* Triton Pro 76 - This was my go-to workstation for years and I still use a few key patches from it; an electric guitar patch, a thick resonant pad patch, and more.
      This is for sale, but I'll be replacing it with a Triton Rack and loading it up with expansion cards.

* OASYS 76 - This is my current (and outgoing) go-to workstation. I use it for anything and everything unless I'm using softsynths, EZDrummer, etc. Just got Omnisphere, so that's going to change some.
      It is also for sale (fully updated, basically perfect, first $3K cash FIRM takes it, call me) as I have a pre-order on a KRONOS 88.

* ESX-1 - Sold, but I will be putting iElectribe and iMS-20 (as well as MANY other music-related apps) on my iPad2 when it arrives.
      www.Michael-Blue.com | Facebook | SoundCloud
      Formerly Korg OASYS 76 #000344, OS 1.3.1, 2GB, EXs1, EXs2, EXs3, STR-1, LAC-1, MOD-7
      Arturia Laboratory 49 | Maschine | Korg Triton Rack | Korg X3R | E-MU Planet Earth
      Yamaha DX7 (for sale) | Siel DK80 | Yamaha Upright Piano
      PreSonus StudioOne Pro | Omnisphere | Trillian | Cinematic Guitars

Comment

By now means a fan boy.

Hardware I use though -
        Korg - Electribe ESX, EMX and Korg Prophecy
        E-Mu - Ultraproteus
        Yamaha - Tenori On
        Analog Solutions - Telemark
        Wouldn't mind getting a Radias either (or a MS200R)

(If I get to rob a bank some time soon I'll add a Sequentix Cirklon to the mix I think - either that or a Genoqs Nemo though I like the feature set and operation of the Cirklon more)

Software - Reason + Record (latest versions) + a handful of very good refills.
        Audacity.

Works quite well for me and is a good balance between hardware and software over all for my needs.
        Venn Diagram - Artist WebsiteMachinedrum, Monomachine, Analog Four, Octatrack, NordModular, Moog SubPhatty, Novation Nova, Korg MS20 Mini, Maschine, Tassman, Aalto, Absynth, Uhe's ACE & AudulusContact

Comment

I've got a few.

ER-1, EA-1, MS-20, MS-2000r, G5 Bass Synth, Z1, Monotron, KMS-30 to sync my 808...

I used to have an old Korg Synthe Bass, but I sold it when I got my MS-20.

I've owned numerous others over the years... Prophecy, ES-1, Mono/Poly, EX-800...
          —-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, friend.

Comment

No fan-boy here.

I have M3m Xpanded & Triton Le.

I miss some sounds on my old N364.

I use my Korgs for composition - not live playing.

I admit -- I'm a KARMA fan-boy.

I would not have purchased the M3m if it did not have KARMA.

I want: NX5r module & SP170 digital piano.

I DON'T want: Kronos.
            Youtube , ​Murika , France

Comment

Trinity, Z1, MS2000BR, KLC-DE, Pad Kontrol, and I have a Kronos-73 on order.
              Korg Kronos 73, Korg Trinity Plus, Roland V-Synth GT, Roland V-Synth, Korg Z1, Korg MS2000BR, Waldorf mQ Phoenix Edition, Waldorf Microwave XT

Comment

Pitchblack Tuner Pedal- love it, punches BOSS in the face.
                www.facebook.com/hurricanecartermusic

Comment

CX-3 v2.0 (circa 2002) - used extensively cause I love that B3 sound, both live and in studio.
                  Radias - used mostly in studio but did a brief stint in a disco band where it came in VERY handy - particularly the vocoder and analog-ish leads. Brass and Eps are remarkably usable as well.
                  Pandora PX5D - very handy for practicing with the headphones late at night.
                  AX3G - used often when recording. I find it prints better than my POD XT live - particularly for clean tones. Amazing for a $49 box!
                  Various tuners rackmount and handheld - the standard for years.
                  Legacy Collection -mostly for the Wavestation, but the other modules have come in handy from time to time as well. Studio only.
                  Soon to come - Kronos 61. Will replace quite a few keyboards and softsynths. Always wanted an Oasys but couldn't spend that kind of $. This is a godsend.
                  Currently employed: Korg Kronos/61, Korg CX-3 v2, Korg Radias w/kb, Roland Fantom-S/61, Roland D-550, Yamaha MU100r, Kawai K4r, a bunch o' guitars with a couple of amps, a few pedals, ASUS G74SX PC with 12 GB/7.5TB/Win7-64bit running Sonar X1 with a few NI soft-synths.

Comment

I mainly use a moog and a JV in tunes..I have an EA-1 but I dont use it much (does a monotron count?)...I bought a micro-x recently, $300 new with 3 years warranty, and I think its excellent..i was really surprised..

I just use it as a sound module but the editor is much more indepth than I expected and the fact that its VST is great as well...half the original price and an extra two years warranty as well as its own case...whats not to like

Comment

Updated photo - I have been "rediscovering" my Korg Micro X - what a GREAT instrument this is. I've been doing combi layers all over the place with the M3 and having tons of fun.

If the sound library in the Micro X was in a rack module, it would be selling for twice or triple what it does. Forgetting the 25-note keyboard and plastic case - playing the Micro X using a 61-note keyboard is an absolute hoot!

-------------------------------
                      Michael
                      Jupiter-50, MOX6, TI Polar, Moog LP, Korg Micro X, JV-1080
                      27" iMac, DP 7.24, Omnisphere, Alchemy, many more...
                      http://www.youtube.com/keybdwizrd

Comment

Updated photo - I have been "rediscovering" my Korg Micro X - what a GREAT instrument this is. I've been doing combi layers all over the place with the M3 and having tons of fun.

If the sound library in the Micro X was in a rack module, it would be selling for twice or triple what it does. Forgetting the 25-note keyboard and plastic case - playing the Micro X using a 61-note keyboard is an absolute hoot!

totally agree...even the multi combo patches are a laugh....my missus still kills herself laughing when I open up a rave one and go daft for ten mins lol

you would think its a toy but open up the editor and theres a wealth of stuff you can change..drums are pretty usable too

I wish it was a rack module..then maybe they couldve housed it better and got rid of the wall wart

Comment

Korg R3
                          microSAMPLER
                          miniKP

Currently been wanting to get a microX since my other non-Korg gear doesn't have ROM sounds. To those who have the microX, can any sound be manipulated with LFOs, ADRS, filters, etc? I used to own the Roland MC-505 and LOVED that synth engine. You'd start off by stacking up to four ROM sounds, then tweak them out in a VA like manner.
                          Hard: JP-8000, MC-505, R3, microSTATION, Moog Theremin, miniKP, Ineko, Bitrman
                          Soft: Ableton Live 8, Korg Legacy Collection, FM8, D16 Classic Boxes/SilverLine Collection

Comment

Currently a Korg N1 mostly as a master controller, though it's got some good presets in it, and a Microsampler, which I'm loving..I keep dreaming of a Microsampler XL someday; add a few more things to it and it'd be unstoppable IMO.

Comment

Korg R3
                              microSAMPLER
                              miniKP

Currently been wanting to get a microX since my other non-Korg gear doesn't have ROM sounds. To those who have the microX, can any sound be manipulated with LFOs, ADRS, filters, etc? I used to own the Roland MC-505 and LOVED that synth engine. You'd start off by stacking up to four ROM sounds, then tweak them out in a VA like manner.

yup pretty much anything can be manipulated, either through the terrible screen and 4 knobs with 12 settings or by standalone/VST editor...i think its got a great little arpeggiator as well, you can even get some realistic guitar strumming on it which was surprising

also remember some of the micro-x's sounds arent available on its bigger brother the X-50

Comment

I realize that when you read my comment above and the Roland thread is no longer around, it's completely out of context and not nearly as funny.

Up until the announcement of the Kronos, this is what I had in my studio (all simultaneously):

2 Korg Triton Pro's with MOSS
                                2 Korg DW-8000's
                                2 Korg RADIAS
                                Korg MEX-8000
                                Korg M50-73
                                Korg M3-73 with EXB-RADIAS
                                Korg DSS-1
                                Korg DVP-1
                                Korg CX-3 (II)
                                Korg Electribe MX
                                Korg KP3
                                Korg KAOSSilator
                                Korg nanoKey
                                Korg nanoKontrol
                                Korg MR-1
                                Korg Analog collection (VST's)
                                Korg Digital collection (VST's)
                                and a slew of Korg pedals (DS1H's, PS-1's) and expansions (exb-m256, exb-pcm01, exb-pcm03, exb-pcm05, exb-pcm06, exb-pcm07)

Korg Kronos 88 on pre-order

YEARS ago I owned a DW-6000 briefly as well as a PolySix.

I'm not sure if all that makes me a fanboy or not. I'm not looking for a ruling though... Also, since the Kronos is on order, I've started selling a lot of it off and will be down to quite a bit less... maybe.

-Mc
                                Response from John from American Musical Supply on why I have received 2 used/damaged Korg M3's and 1 reboxed M3 from Guitar Center (a.k.a. why I'll never buy from AMS again): Footfall wrote:What you're experiencing with these units is the result of our warehouse crew intentionally "overpacking" this product.Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, nanoPAD 2

Comment

Working...
                                X