Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK KORG Fanboys What KORG products do you own and how do you use them?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Korg fan (though I do have a bunch of other gear...)

Korg OASYS 76 - a real workhorse for songwriting, great synth engines, great sounds.
    Korg Lambda - classic string machine with a dual BBD chorus. Lush.
    Korg ER-1 and ES-1 Electribes - fun but flexible and usful rhythm boxes, love the X0X-style programming.
    Best Regards, James
    --
    I have cast fire upon the world and I am guarding it until it blazes.

My Newest CD "Stealing The Sun": http://carbon111.bandcamp.com/

Carbon111 Website: http://www.carbon111.com

Carbon111 Blog: http://carbon111.blogspot.com

Comment

Korg Monotron

Comment

I currently own an M3, Prophecy, EMX-1 and ESX-1. I have owned a Z1, Triton, Triton rack, ER1, EA1, MS2000, Radias, and probably a few others over the years.

I use the M3 for my stage board. I just take that and it does everything. The EMX is my primary drum machine, despite being terribly beat up and having a terrible buzzing in its tubes. The ESX I do not currently use because it has some weird problem with its display and Ive been to lazy to get it fixed. The prophecy is kept for sentimental reasons, but hardly used.

Comment

Z-1
          SV-1
          Legacy
          Kaoss Pad 3
          Microkorg
          CX3

Comment

TR

I have it in my studio (garage) and just play it for fun and use the sequencer to write/sequence tunes.
            P E A C E

"A band that is not appearing is disappearing" -- Art Blakey

"If you can't play the blues you might as well hang it up" -- Dexter Gordon

http://myspace.com/boomboomdrumsYamaha Stage Custom Drum Kit (Marina Green)
            Ziljain, Paiste, Wuhan Cymbals
            1972 Slingerland wood Snare Drum
            KORG TR keyboard
            Cubase LE
            Tascam US-122 USB Interface
            George Steck Baby Grand Piano

Comment

Triton Extreme with MOSS for my cover band. It's the only synth I have left.
              and an AX3000G guitar effects processor in the loop of my gtr amp. Great delay and phaser
              Korg Triton Extreme, Yamaha CP33, Vermona Lancet Mono, Voce V3, M Audio Venom
              Carvin TL60t, G&L S500 tribute, Agile AL3010 > Carvin MTS Combo Korg AX3000G

Bus to Neptune
              www.bustoneptune.com

Comment

MS20 (to this day I don't know what the hoopla is all about).

In some contexts it can be pretty ameeezing. Check out the whole video for lots of synth goodness- moog source (although on this particular song i don't think they use it), rhodes, solina string ensemble, manikin memotron...MS20 solo at 4:23 until the end
                http://soundcloud.com/donchesson

Comment

I first started playing live during the pre-midi days and my first Korg keyboard was the EPS-1.
                  It was a real treat to be able to have a unit that could layer strings and piano at the same time, who would've thought about something so cool?

I remember getting a Poly-800 when they came out, pretty cool for the time.
                  As far as Korg keyboards I own today, only 2, an Oasys 88 with all expansions and a Radias.
                  i like palin.
                  i think she would rattle some cages and that's what america needs.
                  ~ yumpy

Comment

My past and present list:

3 Wavestation keyboards (two of them are gone)
                    Prophecy (gone)
                    01wfd (gone)
                    Triton Extreme with the MOSS board
                    Korg Oasys PCI

Comment

atm i actually dont have anything Korg in my studio..not even a pedal.. that is a devastating conclusion.. i always had some korgs..

my first ever synth was Poly 800, Triton Pro, followed by Triton Studio Pro, then i gave up on workstations and romplers completely... that is until Kronos showed up. this might be a great asset to my live gig setup - taking care of user samples, piano and ep etc.. have to try first hand.

i would like a SV-1 but the lack of any posibility of getting some other sounds inside cooled me down. if they ever make a new version, with this capability, like Clavia has... that youre not cornered to using the same rhodes samples all the time... etc.. id get it. it perfect for me... the UI, the effects, the rhodes type keybed.. everything.

as for MS-20, i had a friends unit for a while, and it was a love hate thing. i didnt like its basic oscillator tone, kinda thin. but loved the filters, the enc followers, pitch to cv, modular routing and crazy fx... dunno, maybe one day.
                      www.babic.com - music for film/tv/theatre, audiopost

NIMBUS DEI @ myspace.com

oberheim obxa & obx & 2 x sem - jupiter8 - prophet5 rev2 - andromeda - minimoog - elektor formant modular - jd990 - mks70 - sh2 - tb303 - solina - rhodes - microwave - mw XT - etc

Comment

01wfd (gone)

Oh yeah, I had one of those too, I forgot all about it.
                        i like palin.
                        ~ yumpy

Comment

I have a Triton Pro which I use as a doorstop and occasionaly at gigs and recordings, Wavestation which gets an occasional spin in studio, Kaossilator which I use at the gigs regularly, while the N5EX gets to go on jams because its lightweight. I use Legacy for some processing ( MS20FX ) and occasional synth texture.

So plenty of Korg here.
                          Two wrongs dont make a right, but three lefts do.

Gear: Kurzweil PC3x, Korg Triton Pro, Korg N5EX, Korg Wavestation

Comment

I remember getting a Poly-800 when they came out, pretty cool for the time.

A friend of mine had one of those early on, but didn't keep it because of the menu diving and low polyphony. It was nice and light but not the best build quality from what I remember.
                            Too many keyboards, not enough music.

Comment

Korg: Karma (maroon monster), OASYS- 76, M3-73 (loaded including EXB RADIAS) and RADIAS module, Legacy collections (vsti). I will soon add a KRONOS 61. A little redundant you say? Not really. I program KARMA-fied combi collections and there will definitely be some tweaking required for the KRONOS pcgs.

Non-Korg: Roland JD 990, R-8, V-synth XT, V-synth GT, Fusion-61 (fully loaded), Kawai M8000 (88 piano style 4 bus midi keyboard controller) still the best imho.

Guess which one I prefer hands-down and use the most.
                              Cheers,
                              Jim (aka EJ2)

Comment

A friend of mine had one of those early on, but didn't keep it because of the menu diving and low polyphony. It was nice and light but not the best build quality from what I remember.

That's true, it looked like something that came inside a box of cereal as the prize, really cheap and flimsy, and the menu diving wadn't too bad once you got the hang of it (like anything I suppose)

For the time it was pretty good, wasn't expensive and did the job. The one with the reverse colour keys was god-awful ugly!

There was some clown on the local kijiji who had one for sale, called it an amazing retro synth, just like the Jupiter 8 but only better, LOL
                                i like palin.
                                ~ yumpy

Comment

Working...
                                X