What are some fun music instruments when travelling?

Stabby

• Members

I'm looking for something simple to amuse me. What have you played with on long trips?

Korg Monotron?

Boss DR3?

Nintendo DS with Korg DS10?

A lot of you will say iPad, but that's a bit too expensive for me at the moment.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A Yamaha QY-something?

Yeah, should be a lot of fun too, but I can't find one on time (leaving Monday)

Perhaps a cheap netbook? I could use a laptop for writing my assignments while I'm there.

• Members

next time i stay in a hotel with lots of free time on my hands, i'm planning to take just a decent microphone or two, audio interface and my laptop and see if i can't make a fun song by just sampling items i find around the hotel room

sounds like a fun challenge

• Members

Keyboards with batteries, laptop computer--softsynth--abelton live--keyboard controller--APC-40. Tenori-on (WISH I could afford one). As always an acoustic guitar and a 4 track digital recorder. keyboard with speakers like the Roland Prelude. All expensive I know but entertaining. Kaossolators and Kaosspads are boring to me as are Ipads. Oh yeah for the hotel room a DSI Mopho.

• Members

:thu:
Autoharps are fun, but if possible get one with 21 buttons. I find 15 occasionally limiting.

Even 21 is pretty limiting. I got an autoharp for Christmas when I was 16. It's a completely unique-sounding instrument but, yes, limited.

Of course, you could make up your own chord bars with velcro and felt...

Archived