Been away from music production business for several years... do people still make electronic music?

• Members

Seems like music is completely and utterly dead. Bought only 1 album in the last 5 years.

What do you do with your synth music? I still have my keyboard on my table, irreplacable piece of furniture. But I don't know if I wrote a song what the hell I'd do with it. It's impossible to get heard today. Everybody's on their own.

• Members

If you are utterly clueless as to what to do with your electronic music (don't worry, that's a lot of us) you can always check out Taxi.com. For a few hundred dollars in annual membership dues plus a per-submission fee they will accept and critique your music for possible application to their specific client needs. Well-produced electronic music (with and without vocals) is currently in demand for tv shows and music libraries. You should at least go to their website and checkout their Get Heard - Industry Listing area (free). If that doesn't appeal to you then Google for services like Taxi and you'll find a lot of similar companies doing the same thing - taking your money for the legit chance to be heard - and read where some people have had some luck at the game.

Archived