X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyboard and MP3

Hi,

Are there any keyboards besides the Roland Juno G that can play MP3's? I find myself in need of a keyboard that can do this as my current set up is giving me issues. Thanks.

Well I know that the Roland Lucina does this:
    http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.php?ProductId=1075
    Vocal Gear: Audix OM3xb, Boss VE-20 | Synth Gear: Muse Receptor V1.0 | Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Roland AX7

Comment

A few other Rolands: Juno Di, Juno Stage

Yamaha Motif XS and XF will play WAV/AIFF off a USB device (but not mp3)

Korg...nothing
      My VCAs go to 11

Comment

Roland RD700gx and gxf allows MP3, WAV, and AIFF playback directly from a USB stick. I confess that I have never tried this. We use the piano mostly for headphone-based practice.
        Gribs

...Music can be used to stimulate mass emotion, while mathematics cannot; and musical incapacity is recognized (no doubt rightly) as mildly discreditable, whereas most people are so frightened of the name of mathematics that they are ready, quite unaffectedly, to exaggerate their own mathematical stupidity.

G.H. Hardy in A Mathematician's Apology (London 1941).

Comment

Roland seems to have the market cornered here. Their Sonic Cell and BK-7M modules also support mp3 playback....but of course have no keys.
          My VCAs go to 11

Comment

Korg...nothing

Technically, you can import the .wav as an audio track in the sequencer on the Kronos or OASYS. Not ideal, but easily do-able.

I would love to see Korg add MP3 playing functionality as well.
            Response from John from American Musical Supply on why I have received 2 used/damaged Korg M3's and 1 reboxed M3 from Guitar Center (a.k.a. why I'll never buy from AMS again): Footfall wrote:What you're experiencing with these units is the result of our warehouse crew intentionally "overpacking" this product.Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, nanoPAD 2

Comment

The Roland Juno DI would probably be you most: easy, professional, flexible, and cheap option.

Comment

Korg...nothing

Actually Korg has several keyboards that will playback mp3 files; Pa800, Pa2X and Pa3. These are all arranger keyboards though, so probably more than the OP is looking for.

Comment

Roland's Mobile Sound Canvas in new. Goes for 4 bills. Has mp3 playback on usb stick.

Comment

Working...
                  X