With the Kronos can I use more than one engine at once on the keyboard?

Synthbot

• Members

in the kronos demos, they explained u can stack few engines at one time, in the performance mode. so there you go !

they even demoed it

and they showed how a certain sound from another engine can be "mixed/modulated" with another - not sure how to explain

• Members

Yes, however I think you cannot mix HD-1 with EXi within a patch. Patch has either to be both oscillators HD-1, or a combination of different EXi. Same goes for banks - you cannot mix HD-1 and EXi patches in the same bank (which is a very stupid limitation).

• Members

I have not seen any proof of this yet. Did I miss something in the books? Anyone know what page this part is on?

Operating Guide P. 15: "Combinations, or 'Combis' for short, let you split and layer up to 16 Programs at once." No restrictions are listed.

A simplified way to looks it is is that "Engines" are different ways to create programs, using different interfaces and different underlying software. But once you create a program, regardless of how, it is simply a program like any other. You don't need to know what engine was used to create a program in order to be able to use it in any way you'd like.

Archived