Solaris build shots...

carbon111

• Members

Nice to see it in production..

I preordered one in February 2008, but when production was pushed back, at that time to September 2008, I requested a refund, thinking it was far too long to have my cash tied up.

3.5 years later and its being produced. Very disappointing timeline considering what was scheduled in its early days, but I'm sure it will be a lovely machine.

I've moved on from lusting after this synth now though :)

• Members

Nice to see it in production..

I preordered one in February 2008, but when production was pushed back, at that time to September 2008, I requested a refund, thinking it was far too long to have my cash tied up.

3.5 years later and its being produced. Very disappointing timeline considering what was scheduled in its early days, but I'm sure it will be a lovely machine.

I've moved on from lusting after this synth now though
:)

Many things have caused delays, legal stuff, and John was partnered with SonicCore as far as the coding goes. The code writer works for SonicCore, so their stuff came first, and coding on the Solaris would be put on hold. Finding vendors is nevery easy on a start up project, once again you are on their schedule, especially when ordering smaller batches of product, also if the item is being designed from scratch, then that also takes time.

John is the first one who will tell you he never envisioned this would turn out to be so involved.

I've been in from the start, being the 22nd order, and yes it's been a very long wait, and there were times I wanted to cash in.

I've moved on from lusting after this synth now though

I think once the Solaris gets out into the marketplace and we can hear it used in peoples music, the lust will grow once again for many people.

And looking at the pricepoint of some of the newer synthesizers being released, I don't think price is as big an issue as it once was.

• Members

How many people have preordered this synth?

All 100 preorders have sold out. Some of that number include the distributer in Germany. I don't know how many units they ordered.

I believe it's the same distributer that handles Moog over there.

Archived