Another old-school synthesizer music video by Kebu

Kebu

• Members

I just uploaded the music video for my second single from my upcoming album on Youtube:

[video=youtube;gXsvhXRdh74]

I composed the tune already in 2008 and the tune is a tribute to one of my biggest

influences, Jean Michel Jarre.

Only analog synthesizer were used in recording the tune. The tune was also recorded by analog gear only and mixed with an analog mixer.

Equipment used: Hohner String Performer, Roland Alpha Juno, Roland Juno 60, Korg Mono/Poly, Korg Poly-61, Moog Prodigy, Logan String Melody, Arp Axxe, Touched by Sound DRM1, Vermona DRM1 MkIII, Roland TR-808 (snare attack only), Electro Harmonix Small Stone, Lexicon MPX500, Allen&Heath GS1, Yamaha MT4x. Cubase & Live only used as MIDI sequencers with the tape sync handled by a Roland TR-626.

Enjoy!

• Members

Fantastic..video and music are :thu::thu::thu::thu::thu:

where are you filming? with the lighting you have great depth..who is filming?

great job on everything.

I think you should make the cap and shorter beard in your avatar your "offical look".:lol:

• Members

The music is great, the video is great, the effects are great, the presentation is great. The only thing that lets it down (and I hate to say this) is you. Your avatar pic looks way better (but hey, mine looks better than me. And just take a look at mine!). Its not so much you as the image you present and let's face it, if you are going to go to all that effort to make a vid like that, why not go the whole hog and finish the picture. What you've got so far is a bit like da Vinci creating the Mona Lisa and then signing it with a felt tip!

I'd say lose (or trim) the beard and dress up for the part, have some fun with it.

Of course, if I could create that sort of stuff, maybe I'd grow a beard too! You do great work, why not take it that final last step to perfection.

• Members

That's true but if you are putting on a show part of it is often NOT being yourself. You still gotta smile on stage, even if you've had a crap day. That's part of the show, part of having a professional attitude vs just showing up. All I am saying is that in my opinion, a little showmanship would not hurt the finished product.

Of course, it still works and it's still bloody good as it is and if that works too then good on him, it is after all his show, his work but when you put something like that up (or even the crap I put up LOL) you sorta hope for some feedback, be it good, bad or indifferent. You might not like it all and not everyone will agree but that's the point of putting it up really isn't it? I am just offering my honest opinion. Up to him if he pays it any notice. I won;t be offended if he, or anyone else, thinks I am wrong.

• Members

Gribs: I'll let you all know when the CD is released! Unfortunately, there is a lot of work ahead so it won't be released until 2012.

the_big_e & Nonchalant: Thanks, I appreciate your opinions! :thu: I'm quite used to comments regarding my t-shirts and beard by now, you're not the only ones. It's all about being myself. Also, t-shirts and jeans is what I usually wear when throwing a gig, so that has been logical to me so far. But things are always open for a change... ;)

• Members

Just be yourself man. This is YOUR project and YOUR statement.

Don't sell yourself out. Keep being true to yourself and that's the best image you can have.

Nothing worse than uncomfortable ''fakeness''.

yeah like these guyz

devo.jpg

or these guyz:lol:

earlybeatleshair.jpg

• Members

I am not saying don't be yourself when it comes to the music, what I am saying is that in the case of the video you are creating an experience that is as much visual as it is aural. Otherwise why bother with all the cool editing effects and the lights etc, just put up a still and record the music. Since you are creating a visual experience it would seem to me logical, having go to all the time an effort to perfect everything else, to compete the picture by making yourself 'fit' into it. How yo do that is of course up to you, maybe shaving the beard off is a bit too much,beards work for ZZ top!. I just don't think that playing in the same cloths you were wearing (apologies if not, just 'seems' that way) when you set the rig up really makes sense.

Like I say, I think that in the case of the video, you are creating a visual experience and you need to be as much a part of it as all the fancy lights and not just 'some dude playing the keys hidden behind a rack of keyboards'. It's the difference between being anonymous and being part of the show I guess and in this case you, as much as the music are part of the show.

So, I offer two examples of 'showmanship', JMJ himself who always seems well groomed on stage (sickeningly so LOL) and BB King, a man who has absolutely NO need to get dressed up to play, and yet still does.

Maybe I have too high expectations, maybe it's just me because I get dressed up when I play on stage, nothing too fancy but 'neat' and trust me, I am a slob most of the time (working under cars in your spare time will do that to you). When it comes to just recording the music to listen to, heck you can do that in your PJ's, no one cares but if you are performing, be it live or as in this case, for a video, you are creating a show that will be seen so it's about fitting yourself into whatever 'persona' you are trying to project as part of the show. In many ways it is as much about acting as anything else, about pretending to be someone or something else for the sake of the show. To me, that is not abandoning who you are, rather it demonstrates and ability to take your performance above the 'this is me' level and to make it something more.

• Members

Had to laugh at those pictures, particularly the first one! But I think they also illustrate my point very well. The guys in the first pic might look like a bunch of crazy flowerpot men but they are projecting an image for the sake of a show. Even the Beatles pic is projecting an image. It might look squeaky clean today but back then (yes I was around then) That was the look of rebellion believe it or not, with their 'long' hair!

• Members

Had to laugh at those pictures, particularly the first one! But I think they also illustrate my point very well. The guys in the first pic might look like a bunch of crazy flowerpot men but they are projecting an image for the sake of a show. Even the Beatles pic is projecting an image. It might look squeaky clean today but back then (yes I was around then) That was the look of rebellion believe it or not, with their 'long' hair!

My point exactly!:thu:

Devo were actually a novelty band in the beginning, and had they not done something outrageous such as wearing flower pot hats, they most likely would have never been successful.

*Same with the Beatles. Brian Epstein put them in suits, which was unheard of at that time for Rock n Roll bands. He knew how to project an image that people would remember and set them apart from the pack. The moptop hairstyle was of course quite a bit of an accident, but like many magical events in life, it was in the words of Korg, a Game Changer.:lol:

If I recall correctly they fought him on this, especially John. Probably for the very same reason that is being discussed here.

Perhaps had these image makeovers never happened, the Beatles would've faded away like so many other bands, and their eventual greatness would have never touched the world.

That being said, I love what Kebu is doing here, both in audio and video. So whatever works for him is fine by me.

*some statements posted in these comments are based on memory and therefore are subject to change if facts are presented to prove them incorrect.

Archived