Korg Σ - Trying to 'Rock' a new Synth

• Members

Sup.

So I got my first Synth. Korg ? (Sigma). Its been laying not been used with lots of dust.

So this thing has Rocker Switches .. 30 of them :lol:. I got it yesterday and plugged it in.... It seems to be waking up the more I use it. 1 Key didn't work but now works. Mostly in the instrument section:

'Fuzz Guitar' didn't work but now it does. 'Double Reed' worked yesterday but not today. 'String' only works if I blow really hard into the Rock Switch :p.

Last night I was up till 3:30am because I made the mistake of opening it up & had to put it back together again before my cat finds the parts. It was scary inside, but I tried to clean where the Rocker Switches are with Alcohol but I couldn't really get in there good.

1. Anyway is there any safe way to pop off these Rocker Switches to clean or do you have to do it from the inside?

2. other issues: Heavy Static in headphones (it was 3:30am lol so good time to test), I think the outputs need to be cleaned as well. I am thinking the more I use it the more it will weed out these issues? I am waiting to get a can of compressed air today.

Been playing guitar for almost 20 years ... and as this thing came alive was :love: -- I love the 'Key Hold'. Got amazing sounds. Anybody got one or have advice?

Thanks, Sean

ps.. oh pics

front.jpg

instrument.jpg

• Members

I think you might have to ask someone to babysit your cat for a couple of days while you fix that thing.

great find.
:thu:

thanks yo. I took off the tops pieces but not the whole switch. I'll get compressed air tomorrow. but blowing in there with a straw helped bring the 2 to life... like mouth to mouth. They get faint again though... or go away. so need the air. I'm not sure where to clean or if the switch is bad or what.

Anyway playing with it right now.... since its 1am in my building I am doing low drones and found a sound that sounds like its raining, or there is a fish bowl in the room, or sounds like this:

Switchback-with-Pond-Waterfall-Fountain-

It seriously is making me want to take a piss !!!

• Members

Just keep it fired up and play it. Keeping electricity flowing thru it blows the cobwebs off. If you let a synth sit too long without being used, it turns to dust. If I don't turn on the Pro-One every 6 months, it turns into a crackling, farting, mess. Actually, it's getting about that time now.

Keep it on for a couple days and play it and work all the knobs. Just letting it sit with the power on while you're watching TV or out mowing the lawn can do wonders.

• Members

Just keep it fired up and play it. Keeping electricity flowing thru it blows the cobwebs off. If you let a synth sit too long without being used, it turns to dust. If I don't turn on the Pro-One every 6 months, it turns into a crackling, farting, mess. Actually, it's getting about that time now.

Keep it on for a couple days and play it and work all the knobs. Just letting it sit with the power on while you're watching TV or out mowing the lawn can do wonders.

:D I didn't know that about leaving it on for hours on end can be healthy more than bad.... so great advice! You didn't mean days continuously right :o

• Members

:/ So being that compressed air didn't do anything I proceeded to take out the whole switch. One of the plastic teeth broke and the other side looks stressed.

So now I see where the contact is for the switch. It now works but its stuck on.

You know anywhere I can get that plastic switch? not the cover.. under it which toggles.

here is a picture courtesy from another gentleman (flat earth) at gearsluts

smallsig.jpg

thanks for any help to where I can get this part!!

Archived