ImpOscar 2

mildbill

• Members

Check the July new gear thread.
:thu:

Missed that. Sounds like strange problem getting it going for you - good that you got it worked out.

I'll probably be getting this when it comes out for pc. It's always sounded good, and there's some nice new features. I think it's a bit strange that he didn't add oscillator sync for a major upgrade like this.

The thing that would really put it over the top IMO would be if you could modulate individual partials - but I think that's a bit much to ask.

:lol:

• Members

Missed that. Sounds like strange problem getting it going for you - good that you got it worked out.

I'll probably be getting this when it comes out for pc. It's always sounded good, and there's some nice new features. I think it's a bit strange that he didn't add oscillator sync for a major upgrade like this.

The thing that would really put it over the top IMO would be if you could modulate individual partials - but I think that's a bit much to ask.

:lol:

Yeah, it's a bit much. :lol: I like it just the way it is. Not too much and not too little. A step up for the KLC Polysix and not nearly as mathematical as Absynth.

You should repent your sins and get a Mac.

• Members

Isn't a Mac is pretty much a PC these days???

Hardly. If your really serious about working with others within the industry, you need a Mac. Also, the Audio Units format is one of the most stable of the bunch only surpassed by TDM.

• Members

Hardly. If your really serious about working with others within the industry, you need a Mac.

Component-wise Macs are PCs 100%. There's also Hackintosh, a much cheaper solution. :D And then there's also W7 which runs great for audio applications. And then there's Reaper which is the fastest, leanest and most stable DAW ever. :thu:

• Members

Component-wise Macs are PCs 100%. There's also Hackintosh, a much cheaper solution.
:D
And then there's also W7 which runs great for audio applications. And then there's Reaper which is the fastest, leanest and most stable DAW ever.
:thu:

And then you actually consider audio editing for movies, TV, broadcasting, and live sound applications as well as video editing for TV, movies, and advertisements and you start to see my point as to why, if your serious, you need a Mac. :D

Didn't I mention before that Microsoft's audio and video production studios all use Mac computers? ;)

• Members

Srsly, that "Big Bang" tune is great. ImpOscar 2 sounds so good, I want it and that lovely controller too... won't run on my old mac though and I also think of all the other stuff one could get with the money but do want

You only live once. Go ahead and put down the coin.

I'd buy that controller but I have other things I need to purchase in order to expand my personal enterprise. A MOTU 828Mk3, 8Pre, Pro Tools 9, and a subwoofer.

• Members

I'm really tempted. I've only been buying old hardware recently but I still make music ITB half the time and this would be a nice addition. Plus it looks as impressive as any softsynth controller ever will I think.

I don't think it gets any better than that controller, and if it does well, others will fall suit and say damn to the accountants who pushed the cheap controller stuff we've been forced to settle on for years.

• Members

Thanks! The controller is massive! It literally dominates my workspace since monday!

Macs are for hipsters, posers and wussies.

/troll

Srsly, that "Big Bang" tune is great. ImpOscar 2 sounds so good, I want it and that lovely controller too... won't run on my old mac though and I also think of all the other stuff one could get with the money but do want

• Members

749 UKP?????
Sheesh...

You would expect to pay at least 1000 UKP for a hardware synth this knobby, yes? (Think Virus, etc). This controller/soft synth provides the same functionality (at least in the studio), and hardware is VERY expensive.

I think it is a damn good value.

Archived