Turn it On Again (song)

Crazyfoo

• Members

We will be covering this song and I feel like I can also do the left hand bass part in real time, for you guys who have done it, have you played it live or did you sequence it? (th bass part)

Some of the guy were thinking it would be too hard to keep the bass going in perfect time all th way through but I feel confident I can.

Opinions?

Thanks

• Members

If you're used to playing left-hand bass, then that song's easy.
:thu:

I agree, I think it would be harder to play without playing the lef-handed bass, it helps pull everything together.

I'm looking forward to this, we are going to do a nice long Genesis medley.

• Members

One of these presently resides in my garage:

Line6bassamplowdown-400-pro_lg.jpg

It has built-in modeling circuitology that can do, among other things, turn the bass guitar signal into a pretty good imitation of a Taurus. Plenty good enough for live. Really, it's quite impressive. There's probably a pedal that does it, too.

• Members

One of these presently resides in my garage:

Line6bassamplowdown-400-pro_lg.jpg

It has built-in modeling circuitology that can do, among other things, turn the bass guitar signal into a pretty good imitation of a Taurus. Plenty good enough for live. Really, it's quite impressive. There's probably a pedal that does it, too.

That looks pretty sweet! :thu:

• Members

I just listened to a couple of live versions of this song, in which Genesis didn't even bother with the synth bass part. When I played it in the 80's, I think I put it in at the beginning and in some of the breaks, but I don't think it's a deal breaker to leave it out altogether.

I remember Abacab was a very fun song to play. That was before I had my first polysynth. Luckily the duophonic Odyssey worked just fine for the lead parts. I did the pads on a Hammond spinet through some chorus/phaser thingy.

Archived