Roland HS-60 question

Pigger

• Members

I have a Roland SH-09, and love it.

My question is: does the HS-60 (Juno 106 w/ speakers, I guess?) sound like a 6-voice SH-09?

Also, is $400 way too much to pay for the HS-60, assuming that it's in good cond. w/ all voices functional? The immediacy of the control surface (slider/function) is attractive to me. I have a Super JX also, but the 1-slider limitation is, well, limiting, although I really enjoy its sound.

I did a search, but didn't find the info I'm looking for. I did see that the individual voices can have some reliability issues, and that there are fixes for this.

• Members

I used to have an HS-60 and I really liked it - never has any reliability issues with it. Sorry I can't answer your question comparing it to a SH-09, but you are correct in assuming it is a Juno 106 with speakers added. The Juno 106 is a classic Roland analog synth (with midi) and there are tons of great user reviews about them. I wouldn't say $400 is "way" too much to pay for it - maybe a little on the high side, but not out of the ballpark. If you played it and really liked it, it would be worth it, but I'd try to get it for a bit less if possible.

Archived