PC1X Controller - won't convert from midi to USB

daviel

• Members

I am trying to set up my PC1X as a controller. I have a Macbook pro and a Presonus audiobox interface. Since the PC1X does not have a USB port I connect it to the Mac with a midi to USB converter. I have tried an UNO, an ART and the converter I have to update a Nord Electro. None of the converters convert! The Kurz's signal stops at the converter box. Am I doing something wrong, or failing to set it up right? Please advise!

• Members

MIDI to USB converter??? :freak:

Do you mean a USB MIDI interface? There's nothing to "convert".

What are you trying to control with your PC1X? When you say the "signal" stops, what signal are you talking about?

Are you trying to record MIDI to your DAW on your Mac?

• Members

Are you using something like this?

If it's not working, it could be because:

. The driver didn't install properly

. The driver installed more than once (if you switched USB ports that'll happen, it happens to my printer every time I have to disconnect it, even if I connect it back to the same USB port... it's annoying because I have to set the new driver as my default driver so the wife doesn't complain when the printer's not working again...)

. Your host program (i.e. your DAW) is not set to USB MIDI for its MIDI In and MIDI Out devices

. You don't have a host program

. Your cable just doesn't work

• Members

FYI MIDI is not sound, just data. So if you want to record the actual sound of the Kurzweil on your computer you'll need an audio interface. This may seem like a silly thing to say, yet we see the same problem over and over again on here.

This was one of the things I was wondering. The original post is unclear. :idk:

Archived