Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

You must sell a synth. Which one?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Moog Slimphatty.

Excellent synth, great sound, but does the least.
    https://soundcloud.com/jersey-bloke<br><br>DSI Mopho X4<br>Elektron Analog Four<br>Akai MPC 2500<br>StudioLive 16.0.2 Digital Mixer<br>Allen &amp; Heath Xone VF-1 Analog Stereo Filter<br>Studio One V2.5 Professional Edition<br>Ableton Live 9 Standard

Comment

yamaha tx81z
      it's the only synth left besides my Triton
      hard to believe
      <div class="signaturecontainer">Korg Triton Extreme, Yamaha CP33, Vermona Lancet Mono, Voce V3, M Audio Venom <br />
      Carvin TL60t, G&amp;L S500 tribute, Agile AL3010 &gt; Carvin MTS Combo Korg AX3000G<br />
      <br />
      Bus to Neptune<br />
      <a href="http://www.bustoneptune.com" target="_blank">www.bustoneptune.com</a></div>

Comment

I invoke my rights as a pathological packrat. I'll sell nothing!
        ComputerMusicGuide.com

Comment

i would sell my kurzweil pc3le. this thing is overrated. i mean, with all the brouhaha of PC3, it has very weak choice of woodwinds, many of them worse than the old roland XP series, amongst other things
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"></font></div>

Comment

All three of mine have important roles that simply can't be done by the others. But if I had to sell one, I guess the GAIA would have to go before the Z1, mostly because once I sell a kidney or three it'd be easy to pick up a GAIA again.

My Minimoog Voyager Old School is going to be under the railway bridge with me when this thread turns to "sell it or go homeless". I'll just beg for electricity instead of gin.

Martyn Wheeler (playing synthesizers/organ like it's 1973 in England)

now: Fredfin Wallaby
            was: The Gonzo Symphonic

Comment

The TG77, because I also have an SY77 and none of them get used all that much at the moment. The SY77 is mostly kept because of love and nostalgia. And just a few days ago I think realized that I'm actually a little sick of FM and wavetable stuff right now.

I would also sell a couple of my soft synths, but it's not worth the hassle considering that I won't get much for them, and it's not like they take up much space.
              <div class="signaturecontainer">Selected Gearlist: Yamaha PSR-760, 3 meter long Hosa stereo cable (jack to phono).</div>

Comment

Truth be known, I could sell off two dozen synths and not end up feeling any major void from their absence. But I tend to keep things more because I like them than out of any real need for them. I guess it's the woodworker in me. "Need" is a nuanced and flexible word. There are tools and jigs in my shop that I only "need" every now and then.

If I took a more operational and pragmatic approach to my setup, I'd probably only keep one or two workstations, two VAs (the Q and either Radias or Virus B), maybe three grooveboxes (EMX, ESX, and either the RS7000 or MC909), and the A6.

Some of my synths are sort of quirky in their design and interface, and I like using them nonetheless. The OB-12 is one example. The EX-5 is another. I don't really 'need' them, but they're fun.

But if I had to sell one synth, it would be the Poly 800. I've had it for 26 years -- it was my first programmable synth -- but I never use it anymore. It just sits in the closet. A close second would be the TG33.
                Kronos, Fant.G8, PC3X, K2500RS, A6, Q, M3-61, Fant.X7, Motif 8, EX5(x2), V-Synth, K2000(x2), D50, JD800, JD990, JP8080, XP30, MC909, MC505, JX-10, JX-305, TR-707, Juno 1, DR-202, Radias, Triton Pro, Wavest. SR, EMX1, ESX1, ER-1, EA-1, R3, Poly 800, RS7000, FS1R (x2), RM1X, AN200, DX200, QY70, QY100, K5000S, OB-12, Maschine,ASR10,ASR88,ASR-X Pro, EPS,Virus B, Equinox,E-Mu XL-7,MiniAK, Synthstation,X-Station, XioSynth,TG33,Venom,V50,UltraNova,Z1,Spark,Moog LP Stage II, JP8000,Tetra,Supernova 2.

Comment

I'd say X-Station 25, but I only ever use it as a controller (and rarely) so, that doesn't really count.

So...

DW-8000. I love the thing and have made tons of great sounds on it, but there's a DSS-1 sitting right underneath it
                  <div class="signaturecontainer">Live for Nothing, or Die For Something - John Rambo</div>

Comment

This place is SLOOOOOOOW. So, pop quiz, you keysynth nerdlings:

Due to circumstances far, FAR beyond your control, you MUST relinquish ONE (1) synth from your current collection.

Which one is it? And most importantly, why that one?

GO!!

My MiniAk .... Coz it spoils my Roland Fan Boy status..

Seriously I would hate to see it go. The GAIA and the MiniAk are great overall, but GAIA is OK on most counts where MiniAK is very good on some and very weak on others... Consistancy wins by a hair...
                    世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

Right now, I'd just seek alternate means of raising money. :P

In the long run, though, I figure I probably won't hold on to the M3 forever. I love it -- great sounds, great controller functionality, great UI -- but at the end of the day, it is just a workstation.

Keys and Pads: Arturia Analog Laboratory 49, Arturia Spark, Korg Kronos 61, Korg nanoPad 2
                      Strings: Carvin Bolt HSS w/ Wilkinson vibrato
                      DAWs: FL Studio 10, Sonar X2 Producer
                      Plugs: Arturia V Collection 3, Crypton Vocaloid 2 Megurine Luka, Korg Legacy Collection, Madrona Labs Aalto, NI Guitar Rig 5, Toontrack Superior Drummer 2.0

Comment

I would rather get rid of my wife before having to give up a keyboard.
                        Rest in Peace Rudy.

Comment

Must sell a synth? In that case it would be my Yamaha S30, mainly because it is the only one I own.

Comment

I would rather get rid of my wife before having to give up a keyboard.

I'd get rid of my wife before I sold a patchcord with a short in it.

I keed, I keed
                            Gear: Alchemy - Yamaha Mox6 - Roland Gaia - Plugiator - GSI Burn

Comment

^^ LOL
                              Rest in Peace Rudy.

Comment

I am down to one synth for Pete sake, I don't wanna play anymore! I am taking my Juno Gi and going home. Can I hang out with you guys if I sell a pedal? What if I donate sperm, wait they can't swim, I am screwed!!!!!!

I truly love my Juno Gi, flaws and all. It is the cornerstone of my whole gigging rig and can cover 80 percent of my show with out breaking a sweat. I am even considering a second one as a spare. The only thing I would add is some specialty piece like a Hammond XK1 or a Moog Little Phatty.

I will make the ultimate sacrifice and get rid of my Juno if someone would kindly buy me a Jupiter 80. Even if this came true I would still be nervous. I had the same love for my Roland D-20, JV-80, and XP-30, I know all B to B+ synths.

Comment

Working...
                                X