X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You must sell a synth. Which one?

This place is SLOOOOOOOW. So, pop quiz, you keysynth nerdlings:

Due to circumstances far, FAR beyond your control, you MUST relinquish ONE (1) synth from your current collection.

Which one is it? And most importantly, why that one?

GO!!
    Hurrr. Derp, derp, derp.

I just did, I relinquished (love that word... ) the A-80 with the NS5R. But it's no big deal as I have all the NS5R sounds in the N1R with a much better interface.

Of the remaining ones, the EX-8000 I guess. I love that thing but it's getting the least use out of all that I have.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/christianschulze

Comment

Easy for me. It would be the Korg M3M that I am planning to put up for sale since I now have a Kronos 61. Second would be the Alesis Ion that I have been holding onto for too long.
      Gribs

...Music can be used to stimulate mass emotion, while mathematics cannot; and musical incapacity is recognized (no doubt rightly) as mildly discreditable, whereas most people are so frightened of the name of mathematics that they are ready, quite unaffectedly, to exaggerate their own mathematical stupidity.

G.H. Hardy in A Mathematician's Apology (London 1941).

Comment

My Ensoniq MR-76 expanded.

I have the sounds of the ZR rom in one of my EMU keyboards.

Comment

Sorry ... There is no fat left in my setup ...

synths: Fan X7 (fully expanded), V-Synth XT, Jupiter 6/8, NI Maschine

Effects: Space Echo RE-201, KP3 x 2

MacBookPro with Logic and soon Pro Tools 9 and MOTU 828mkii with AKG C214 and Onyx OM5

Oh yeah ... I still have my Novation X-Station 25 ... I would sell that for sure but it's just so cool looking and they really don't fetch all that much surprisingly -- not to mention I know the second I sell it I will have some huge momumental need for it ... (I still very much like the way it sounds ... Great for informal jam sessions ... And makes a nice desktop controller ... But in the studio compared to the Jupiters --- forget it ... )

Things that I've sold in the last year-ish: Korg Electribes ER-1, ESX, EMX ... Juno-60, V-Synth (keyboard version), SP-404

I'm down to my core pieces and I love it ...

NEW ALBUM RELEASE ... THE END OF TECHNOLOGY ...

http://electrocabaret.bandcamp.com/releases ... Introspective future/retro pop dealing with themes of authoritarianism, apocalypse and alcohol ...

Featuring "Hot Mess," "Hateful Little Rapper," "Ladio GaGa" and "Somewhere in Time."

Comment

BZZZZZZZZZ no, sorry. Due to circumstances beyond your control, you MUST get rid of One (1) synth. MUST. I'm sorry if this kills your perfect rig, but hey man, I don't make the rules, I just enforce 'em.

So, which of your precious synthies will it be?
            Hurrr. Derp, derp, derp.

Comment

Actually, you DO make the rules EP, you're the OP

Comment

Quiet, you, you'll ruin everything!
                Hurrr. Derp, derp, derp.

Comment

JP-8080, because it's my last remaining hardware synth? Or the VAX

Comment

Yeah, but what about The One Patch on that thing, AW?

And I think you'd be nuts to part with the VAX, considering its cost.
                    Hurrr. Derp, derp, derp.

Comment

Yeah, but what about The One Patch on that thing, AW?
                      Dammit! You're right.

And I think you'd be nuts to part with the VAX, considering its cost.
                      Wait! Totally forgot about the Monotron. It's a fun little beast, but I'd sell that.

Comment

Waldorf XT; because i'm surprised i haven't ditched it already.

Comment

I sell my MM6. Since I only have a MM6 and a MOX 6, teh choice is pretty easy. If just a controller counts, then I sell my Cakewalk S-500....but I doubt that counts.
                          Gear: Alchemy - Yamaha Mox6 - Roland Gaia - Plugiator - GSI Burn

Comment

G-Force Imposcar.

Comment

So, which one would you sell, Mr. Puppy?

Comment

Working...
                              X