microKORG Synthesizer / Vocoder keeps changing default patch sounds

defmuse

• Members

This has been happening to me for a while now... mostly with patches that I have tweaked. It's not always, but numerous times, I change basic settings, and I even note down exactly what changes I have made, but when I turn on my MK another day, and make those same settings, the sound is completely different.

Today, this has occurred with a default patch.

Here's exactly what I've done: last night, I turned on my MK, the Program Select was already on "HipHop/Vintage - A51." All I did was lower the octave, and used that beautiful low synth bass sound.

However, today: did the same exact thing: turned it on, it was already on A51, lowered the octave, and the sound is completely different. It doesn't have the same low end, nor texture. It sounds thinner, and has a high end distorted texture to it.

I've turned my MK on & off twice thinking MAYBE I Unknowingly turned a knob. But that wasn't it.

FYI: haven't changed my speakers, DAW, OS, etc. etc... all exactly the same, with the same settings (volume, and so on.).

Has anyone else experienced this issue with the MK Synthesizer? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Archived