software to learn piano and to sight read

occmed

• Members

What is the best software for linking your laptop to MIDI keyboard and learning to play piano and sight read?

Researching this on the net is pretty confusing and there doesn't seem to be an up to date thread on this on the forum. I hope this is an appropriate forum or if not could you please direct me to one?

I am mostly self taught on keys and have a motif XS7 and Nord Stage EX on keys and lead vocals for a cover band. I am about an intermediate (grade 4 out of 8 in Australian Music Examination Board terms) in terms of formal piano training. I mainly play by ear and fill in gaps with you tube or other internet info re songs I cover in my band.

I am having piano lessons now with a teacher but there must be an way to improve playing and sight reading with a MIDI keyboard and piano tutor software.

• Members

I created this software product for learning to sight read: SightReadingMastery. It provides recordings of correct performances rather than a MIDI interface for evaluation, because I've found that most musicians can self-evaluate using their ear given the chance (and that's good for you!).

You mentioned you're a pianist. There are some free piano exercises at sightreadingmastery.com/piano you can try. (For singers, there is sightreadingmastery.com/sightsinging.)

Please post here or email me at evan@sightreadingmastery.com if you have questions about it. Thanks for considering my product!

• Members

You want Home Concert Xtreme. But some day, you'll want my lil app. So far the sheet music has some problems. Check back in a couple months...

http://www.zenph.com/zenph-software/home-concert-xtreme

Your teacher will go along with home concert xtreme. Synthesia's sheet music won't yet cut the mustard.

(at least, as of the time I wrote this/that:)

Archived