JUPITER 80 SYSTEM PROGRAM UPDATE VER. 1.10

piaknowguy

• Members

I do find it kind of pathetic you had to post it in the KRONOS sub-forums at Korgforums.com as well.

Since very few people actually bought the JP-80 (ESPECIALLY AT KORGFORUMS), wouldn't it have been more efficient to just email all 9 of them directly?

• Members

Hmmm . . . I wish I knew what-the-hell you are talking about . . .

Synths, pianos, software, analog, digital, modeling, virtual instruments, programming tips...this is the place on the web for discussions, debates, opinions and assistance.

This is the 'Keys, Synths, and Samplers' section of the forum, is it not?

I believe the Roland Jupiter 80 falls under this category! Might I suggest that you 'loosen' your shorts alittle . . . Obviously this post is not meant for you. :rolleyes:

• Members

I appreciate the post by the original poster.

I will be updating my JP-80 this evening; it's about time!

Thanks you :~)

Myself, I am not suffering any loyalty to any one company because as far as I'm concerned, each one has their strengths and weakness, and I will try to exploit all their products for the sake of making great sounding music.

• Members

This wasn't you?

JUPITER-80 System Program Version 1.10:

What are the odds that someone would post within minutes apart about the exact same thing with nearly identical wording for the title and both users have very few posts?

If it's NOT you, I apologize.

-Mc

No problem!

I actually just posted here because I am an Admistrator/Moderator at the Roland Clan Forum and thought this info would interest some Harmony Central members.

And 'no' . . . That wasn't me posting in the Korg forum . . . I'm not so sure that was in good form myself.

Cheers!

• Members

No problem!

I actually just posted here because I am an Admistrator/Moderator at the Roland Clan Forum and thought this info would interest some Harmony Central members.

And 'no' . . . That
wasn't
me posting in the Korg forum . . . I'm not so sure that was in good form myself.

Cheers!

cheers!

...and your post here was obviously welcome and totally on topic (more so than most of our threads sometimes). My initial post is even LESS funny if you're not familiar with the topic of Roland's infamous countdowns!

-Mc

• Members

Hmmm . . . I wish I knew what-the-hell you are talking about . . .

Synths, pianos, software, analog, digital, modeling, virtual instruments, programming tips...this is the place on the web for discussions, debates, opinions and assistance.

This is the 'Keys, Synths, and Samplers' section of the forum, is it not?

I believe the Roland Jupiter 80 falls under this category! Might I suggest that you 'loosen' your shorts alittle . . . Obviously this post is not meant for you.
:rolleyes:

Hey man I didnt know that forum was yours.

As you know I joined up over there but I doubt Ill be back.

I remember when I first unboxed my JP-80 and I read that stupid manual for hours but still couldnt understand something so I asked a question on your forum.

The reply was "read the effin manual" I swear man, Ive never seen so many c4nts in one place before in my life, a few of those members need to get over themselves.

At least over here people help each other without being dicks. I know its not your fault, but just letting you know.

Regards

• Members

I remember when I first unboxed my JP-80 and I read that stupid manual for hours but still couldnt understand something so I asked a question on your forum.

The reply was "read the effin manual" I swear man, Ive never seen so many c4nts in one place before in my life, a few of those members need to get over themselves.

At least over here people help each other without being dicks. I know its not your fault, but just letting you know.

Regards

I have witnessed some of that too in the past... Any forum needs a critical mass of helpful people, below a certain level things get cold very quickly... It is good if you need to get some links or pick up some gear news that does not make it to general forums though...

Moderators can make or break any forum... if trolls are left too loose it can only head one way...

I hope piaknowguy can get a grip there and make it the great place it should be... It's all about making it a friendly place for Roland and non Roland users so those that have generic knowledge can still assist and add to the mix...

• Members

Regards

Poor thing. I guess you missed the post where a Roland Clan member pointed you to the page in the manual that describes the functionality of the footswitch input.

• Members

Regards

Just to clarify, in reviewing your posts in question, one member made that 'sarcastically rude' comment because you had already received so much patient help from other members of the forum. In your perspective, he may have been out-of-line, but his opinion is certainly not that of the Roland Clan Forum and should not reflect on the other members' willingness to assist.

As far as the Forum being 'mine', it is not! I do however Administrate/Moderate there.

And Bernard, you are very welcome to come on over and read the type of posts that are the norm at Roland Clan - As far as 'getting a grip there' is concerned, you won't read alot of profanity, general crudeness, crude humour, or see any sexually explicit images. There are however a number of members both receiving and posting assistance concerning Roland product as well as relevant topic discussion.

Anyway, I'm not quite sure how in posting a link on this forum that I thought would be helpful, that I end up having to defend Roland Clan Forum. I was hoping to aid those members who owned a Jupiter 80. LOL

Have a good one!

• Members

Anyway, I'm not quite sure how in posting a link on
this
forum that I thought would be helpful, that I end up having to defend Roland Clan Forum. I was hoping to aid those members who owned a Jupiter 80. LOL

I hope you don't take anything in this thread or even on HC personally. Your original post was obviously on topic and useful. And you should NEVER have to defend Roland Clan. It's a great forum and I've read many posts over there and I've found the people there always helpful and knowledgeable.

Thanks again for taking the time to post about the JP-80 update.

-Mc

• Members

And Bernard, you are very welcome to come on over and read the type of posts that are the norm at Roland Clan - As far as 'getting a grip there' is concerned, you won't read alot of profanity, general crudeness, crude humour, or see any sexually explicit images. There are however a number of members both receiving and posting assistance concerning Roland product as well as relevant topic discussion.

I have never witnessed such a mod issue at Roland Clan of the kind you elude too. I did not mean that at all. No in that sence it is a very very professional place...

It is very hard to keep track of what we did mean and spot it and deal with it. As that place may have had change I wish you all luck... :thu:

Getting a balance is always a challange as some good contributors can go OTT and no one likes having to deal with it if it is just a minor unhelpful comment, but you see what it does, it drives people away...

;)

Archived