Alesis iPad Dock?

Crazyfoo

• Members

Has anyone ordered one of these units yet?

I just bought one and was wondering what you guys thought. Some of the sounds on thr iPad soft synths are pretty amazing and I can't wait to quickly and conveniently hook it up to one of my live synths via the included MIDI output.

The new Animoog app sounds really fat and luscious, cant wait to hear what that sounds like and drive it using my Voyager.

http://www.alesis.com/iodock

• Members

Seems like the best available solution for those who want to add MIDI and audio I/O to an iPad with good audio quality. Seems like most people think iRig first for audio interfacing, but I've read reports of hiss in the audio. The only competition on the MIDI side is apparently Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer, iRig MIDI, and Yamaha iMX1.

• Members

Seems like the best available solution for those who want to add MIDI
and
audio I/O to an iPad with good audio quality. Seems like most people think iRig first for audio interfacing, but I've read reports of hiss in the audio. The only competition on the MIDI side is apparently Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer, iRig MIDI, and Yamaha iMX1.

I'm looking forward to trying it out, Animoog looks and sounds incredibly amazing and I cant wait to play it using a real synth interface and having it coming out the PA, it's going to sound badass.

I cant believe the thing was 99 cents or whatever they had it on for.

• Members

I have considered one of those but at pushing $200, it's a bit too steep my what I would use it for at this point. I've been using the camera connection kit which is 'ok' although prone to come out of the connector if you pull it even slightly which I guess is at least one advantage of the io dock.

• Members

I have considered one of those but at pushing $200, it's a bit too steep my what I would use it for at this point. I've been using the camera connection kit which is 'ok' although prone to come out of the connector if you pull it even slightly which I guess is at least one advantage of the io dock.

I'd want to be able to record into an iPad without hiss at the very least. People are interested in the iRig for recording because its cheap but they also complain about hiss.

Archived