Anyone uses ipad softsynths extensively?

Master Capello

• Members

I have downloaded a few...animoog, sunrizer, nlog, fairlight, arctic keys, minisynth pro...I'm really impressed with the quality and think they quality is plenty good for full studio use... wondering if anyone uses any of those...if yes what controller do you use? I'm debating whether to get a mini or maybe a bigger semi-weighted controller (Novation?), a small VA like the Korg R3 or maybe something more polyvalent like the Roland Gi. Anyway...thoughts on those?

• Members

I had an iPad 2 for a while. I thought some of the apps were really good and things are just getting better. Garageband, animmoog, Jordan's new synth and sampler, a really good Hammond app, and the Korg MS-20 and Electribe are all decent.

We are still waiting on a good keyboard controller like the Akai and or a true midi interface which may already be here.

• Members

I had an iPad 2 for a while. I thought some of the apps were really good and things are just getting better. Garageband, animmoog, Jordan's new synth and sampler, a really good Hammond app, and the Korg MS-20 and Electribe are all decent.

We are still waiting on a good keyboard controller like the Akai and or a true midi interface which may already be here.

I ordered the iPad dock by Alesis, it should be here on Monday according to the UPS tracking info.

I plan on using it live, diriving it with one of my keybpards, not sure yet, maybe the Voyager? Will have to experiemnt.

• Members

Man the is too bad. I have heard very little about the piece in general except in major reviews.

I just went to their site and downloaded the firmware update, according to everything I read this should fix the problem! Ill let you know.

Regards

(I love the organs in Garage Band, they are bad ass)

Archived