MIDI Help (microSTATION + Ableton)

Re-Member

• Members

Hi, I've encountered a weird problem with the way I have my microSTATION synced up to Ableton. I'm wired up via UBS MIDI and the mircoSTATION's tempo is set to be slaved by Ableton's tempo which is working, so I know for a fact that things are hooked up properly. The problem I'm having is when I try to record some notes on Ableton and have them play back on the microSTATION. It reads the notes on the microSTATION when I'm recording, but for some strange reason, it will only play the notes back on the microSTATION if I hold down a key.

I've doubled checked that all MIDI IN/OUT channels and devices are set up fine within Ableton, even went and set up another synth to assure that the problem is not an issue with Ableton, so I don't know if there's something I'm missing within the way the microSTATION is set up.

Again, the mS is receiving notes, but only if I hold a key... what do you think might be causing this?

• Members

Fixed the problem. Had to initialize the entire operating system of the microSTATION, then download a file off Korg's website to get the preset sounds loaded back in.

Anyway, for future reference, is this something that could have been solved somewhere in the MIDI settings? I didn't have this problem when I first got the synth, I'd hate to have this issue pop up again and lose all my data in the future. I remember my SH-201 had a similar issue and I had discovered something involving a "MIDI OMNI mode" which wasn't even mentioned in the manual.

Archived