OT: Naming a cat after a synthesizer

Rooftree

• Members

A new cat might be coming into my household and I'd like to give her a synthesizer related name. Getting another cat is my wife's idea and I'm not 100% thrilled about it, but I'm not entirely against it either. Since the cat is being imposed upon me, I figure I have a little leverage in the situation. I'm going to stipulate that the cat can join the family as long as I'm allowed to name her.

Here's where the fun begins. A synthy name would give me no end of entertainment as my wife coos at "our little (insert synth name here)". I'm looking for a synth or keyboard related name that has some flair and rolls off the tongue easily.

I've tried not to think too hard so as to not spoil the fun. So far the best name that's popped into my head is "Solina" (Arp string ensemble).

I could work hard at finding the name of every synth, keyboard, or fx box ever created. But it would be more fun to open this up to the forum. Let's hear your best synth themed cat names!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GAUL: Fizmo!! That's a great idea. She's a strange looking cat so that's a perfect fit. And the name leaps off the tongue easily. I think that's the front runner for me now.

PC: I was thinking about Aelita which is the name of a patch in the Muz3um expansion pack in the Rapture soft synth. But I don't know anything about Aelita. Is it a Soviet synth perhaps?

Archived