[FUN] juno adventures part II

donaldcrunk

• Members

things are a little slow and i've got some free time so how about a story! also i'm having beers and need to get to 3k tonight because that's important

this evening i finished work early and decided to go to guitar center to see what was poppin' . i like to stop by from time to time, and i've been e-guitar-shopping very heavily lately - i need a decent electric guitar, and i wanted to try out the new squier jazzmasters they have out now.

there were of course no jazzmasters or anything else with the pickups i wanted to test ( this is the guitar i want, and i just wanted to test ANY guitar with those pickups), however this is peoria and very expected. anyway i wandered into the pro audio section to chat with an old friend, and found myself in ye olde rompler room in the back.

if you've been in a guitar center you know what a rompler room looks like. peoria's rompler room has a monstrous microkorg wall which appeals to the large number of guitarists in this city. when i arrived, there were several young boisterous guitar-types who were oscillating between the DJ setup and the Microkorg wall, and apparently had been for several hours. with the indirect support of the staff i was tasked with flushing them.

fortunately there was a minty used juno 60 hanging out in the rompler room, and a kind young man from the Accessories department provided me with a used eventide time factor.

despite three seperate Korg micros running into the same mini-mixer as the Juno, all being blasted on by 17 year olds through the same bull{censored} maudio speakers that every GC has, the moment i turned on the Juno and gave the filter a nice lil' sweep EVERY SINGLE TEENAGER stopped what they were doing. it would be an understatement to say that the juno 'cut through' the mix - the combination of the time factor and mint Juno 60 was absolutely devastating to their young minds. i saw boyish understanding in their eyes expand along with the frequency spectrums of my loops. the goal was to dislodge them from the microkorgs, and that goal was met within the first 30 seconds and one arpeggio of exposure to the Juno/eventide combo. it's like the hipster-anthrax of synth setups apparently.

the end of the story? they left with a monotribe. hey, it's a start! :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

• Members

it really didn't deserve it's own thread, but no one had posted anything for a good hour or so so i had to get some jaw jackin' in.

someone should buy that juno! i have personally checked it out and the only issue it has is with the latchi-ness of the key transpose button. it's 750 i think, though, so that's pretty steep for a Juno 60 - though if you want a damn juno, the 60 is the one to get - and this one's been boxed in the first owner's home since new. it sounded great, and the sliders felt brand new. the whole synth feels brand new. it's great. peoria IL guitar center - #360 .

• Members

ironically there was a conversation about dr dre 'beats' headphones or whatever they're called interspersed in all this. it ended with myself going on a long rant about the frequency response of the headphones (which are not provided by the manufacturer of course) looking like the back of a dromedary camel, and a GC staff member with a pair of HD280s chasing a young man with a shemagh around his neck (still confused about this trend) in an attempt to get said young man to acknowledge a decent pair of headphones. it was all in good fun of course.

Archived