Best keyboard riffs from the 90s and 00s?

Stabby

• Members

Wasn't exactly a banner decade for keyboard riffs was it?:lol:

VH-1's greatest hits of the 90's... the list...

1.Nirvana - "Smells Like Teen Spirit" (1991, #6 US)

2.U2 - "One" (1991, #10 US)

3.Backstreet Boys - "I Want It That Way" (1999, #6 US)

4.Whitney Houston - "I Will Always Love You" (1992, #1 US)

5.Madonna - "Vogue" (1990, #1 US)

6.Sir Mix-A-Lot - "Baby Got Back" (1992, #1 US)

7.Britney Spears - "...Baby One More Time" (1999, #1 US)

8.TLC - "Waterfalls" (1994, #1 US)

9.R.E.M. - "Losing My Religion" (1991, #4 US)

10.Sin

• Members

So far I've got Jamiroquai - Virtual Insanity and Daft Punk - Around The World. Can't think of anything else other than dance songs...

Can be anything really. R&B, pop, hiphop, etc. As long as it's popular with a big audience.

• Members

Pretty sure that Haddaway's "What Is Love?" will be remembered by future alien races as the greatest music composition planet Earth had to offer between the 90's and 00's. This decade doesn't count, as they are planning on blowing us up next year and blasting this song on a megaphone as they do so.

• Members

Pretty sure that Haddaway's "What Is Love?" will be remembered by future alien races as the greatest music composition planet Earth had to offer between the 90's and 00's. This decade doesn't count, as they are planning on blowing us up next year and blasting this song on a megaphone as they do so.

Great one!

Also found other ones:

Daft Punk - Da Funk

Jamiroquai - Virtual Insanity

MC Hammer - U Can't Touch This

2Pac - California Love

Dr. Dre - Nuthin' But a G Thang (?)

• Members

Great one!

Also found other ones:

Daft Punk - Da Funk

Jamiroquai - Virtual Insanity

MC Hammer - U Can't Touch This

2Pac - California Love

Dr. Dre - Nuthin' But a G Thang (?)

It somehow took me about twenty years to realize this, but Haddaway's "What Is Love" totally ripped off "Halcyon" by Orbital. Not sure why this never registered with me before. Nostalgia don't hurt me, no more.

• Members

The fuzzy synth bassline from "What's My Name?" on Snoop's Doggystyle album. Extremely recognizable synth riff. (I think that particular riff is used in more than a few songs from that decade)

ETA: Now that I think about it, that actually might be an electric bass with distortion....

• Members

Wasn't exactly a banner decade for keyboard riffs was it?
:lol:

Lots of synths in the 90s and 00s, but not exactly *riff* worthy. Actually, the same goes for guitars too.

So many are sampling as well. So, when Missy Elliott hits it big by sampling Cybotron, it doesn't count. :lol:

There are a few signature dance hit riffs, like DaRude's Sandstorm or Zombie Nation's Kernkraft 400. (Although technically Zombie Nation took *that* riff from a C64 game, so that doesn't count either...)

Archived