Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the smalles REAL hammond?

Have been searching on this but not clear if its a Real one or something that is sampledbased-

Sorry have questions on my mind this morning
    Guess what? ! I have a Fever and the prescription is more cowbell !

Moog Modular,B3 leslie,gran piano, GX1

If by "real" you mean "with actual tonewheels inside," I would guess it's probably the LP-100/Porta-B.

Comment

And that's not "small" !

BTW, there are more possibilities than tonewheel vs samples. There is analog modeling, and digital modeling. Most modern clones use a combination of both methods. One of the best clones is VB3, which I believe uses no samples.

"Real" could also mean "legally permitted to use the Hammond trademark", which applies to any Hammond/Suzuki product, all of which are digital clones.

The clones are really quite good now. IMHO, there's a much bigger difference between a real Leslie speaker and its electronic emulators than between Hammond organs and its emulators.
      learjeff.net

Comment

There are lots of clones and modeled organs and sampled ones that sound better than the cheaper real Hammonds. To get fabulous real-sounding B3 type rig, I think if you hooked up a real leslie to a Hammond XK3 (single manual, digital, lightweight) you'd have the full-on sound weighing in about as light as it gets.

nat whilk ii

Comment

The new SK-1 is the smallest Hammond branded organ yet. It's only 15 pounds, wicked light.
          My VCAs go to 11

Comment

NO modeling or sample or anything like it, What i meant was "Chester thompson real"

Comment

I thought Chester Thompson was a drummer...

Too many keyboards, not enough music.

Comment

Hes current drummer is Dennis chambers

maybe Chester Thompson he also plays drummers but mainly i think plays keyboards

http://www.santana.com/Chester-Thompson/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04eN2ShMuL0
                there is also a drummer that name is CT

Comment

What is the smalles REAL hammond?
                  None of them.

But if you must have a real one, a chopped spinet might weigh in around 200 pounds.

And don't forget to add 140 more pounds for the Leslie.
                  ComputerMusicGuide.com

Comment

People you need to go to the Gym, for me at this moment that wegith is not a problem
                    Fake B3 sound is a problem . ...

Comment

well ok i think that is the way to go do all B3 can be chopped?

Comment

The smallest real Hammond worth playing is the M-3. Case closed.

edit: the chopped hammond in the pic above is an M-3.
                        Moe---It puts the SINES in the basket, or else it gets the hose again.http://www.hotrodmotm.com

Comment

well ok i think that is the way to go do all B3 can be chopped?
                          Sure, if that's what you want.

http://bborgan.com/northern-chop

But, do the world a favor and chop an A-102 instead. It's a shame to saw up an actual B or C cabinet.
                          ComputerMusicGuide.com

Comment

The smallest real Hammond worth playing is the M-3. Case closed.

edit: the chopped hammond in the pic above is an M-3.
                            I picked it on purpose.

ComputerMusicGuide.com

Comment

Thanx to you the world wil not have to lissent to a "app" for a B3 but a real one .

Comment

Working...
                              X