Yamaha CP300 DIY-ers: where to order replacement keys?

• Members

..and what other Yamaha keys work for the CP300? I'm pretty sure the CP33 has the same ones, as well as do Clavinovas or other 88-key Yamaha boards from about '06. eBay has a seller with Motif 8 keys..

I couldn't get the local Yamaha service center to call back yesterday, and it's possible they may not want to sell a part without also bilking me for labor. Will try again Monday when they re-open. Any help appreciated.

Update, got it worked out, found a place to order keys and swapped keys around on my piano with the broken ones in the highest octave as a workaround til the new ones come in. Just won't be playing a couple passages of Katchaturian's Toccata in the meantime, good to go for Freebird etc.! Still don't know what other keyboards use the same GHE action- although probably would be Motif ES8 and later (original Motif 8 and earlier P series have GH88 action) My apologies to the 13 viewers for the suspense!

I had seen the posts by John of Yamaha support and didnt think he was for real, but Yahama support person #2 seems to be. So there's that.

Archived