Yamaha TG33-SY22-SY35 Sounds & Editor

• Members

This was hard to find, but I found it....it also includes all (I think) of the sound cards made for the TG33-SY22-SY35.

Editing with this allows you to do things impossible to do without it.

At common prices, it seems like the SY22 is a better deal than the TG33 as they often cost less and give you keys.

I wouldn't want it as my only synth, but when it's used for layering with other synths, it's outstanding.

I never liked the way you have to rackmount the TG33. It takes too much space. They should have put a joystick on the front panel of a 1 rackspace module.

If you rackmount it on a sliding shelf, it would be better but it would still take more rackspace than it should. I understand they wanted to put the same joystick that the keyboard has, but a smaller one that would have fit on the front panel of a single rackspace unit would have been way better.

Yamaha TG33-SY22-SY35 Sounds & Editor

http://1drv.ms/1UmHs9J

Yamaha SY22 Specs

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/music...hesizers/sy22/

• 3 months later...
  • Members

The TG33 editor sounds very interesting. Which platform is it for? Is it the Plompy editor for Windows?

If not -- unfortunately the OneDrive link to the editor is no longer working. I'm wondering whether it is still to be found.

Also, a question about the wave cards. Did they contain patch parameter data only, or did they also include further audio wave samples?

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Members

Rich Hanson's SY Edit, in a version compatible with 64-bit Windows 7, is at groups.io/g/tg33sy2235 in the Files section as SY Edit-Win7-x64.zip

A friend with a TG33 preferred Rich Hanson's editor (one database) over Matt Arend's (individual 64-voice files). So I created "Sample SY Edit Database.zip" which had extra sounds  and Java conversion programs (supplied as .java for the source code and .class as the interpreted bytecode) including sort, merge, and generate SY Edit categories out of raw system-exclusive. To run these, you would need Java runtime https://www.java.com/

Also there is a 64-bit Windows VST for the SY35, sourced from dasfaker at ctrl.org, whose browser function can convert  1- and 64-voice files in TG33, SY22 and SY35 format to its own native 64x592 format - suffixed as a (2). I have incorporated these too into my sample database.

Those memory cards probably have 64-voice plus 16-multi SY22/35 format (38306 bytes per dump).  Unfortunately when I came to my native Brisbane I left my SY22 in storage in Canberra, so couldn't write a multi editor. Instead I wrote a bare-bones CopySYMulti.zip and left programming of the multis to individual SY22/SY35 owners. 

Archived