Kawai ES100 -- yea or nay?

pogo97

• Members

This, on Kijiji: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-piano-keyboard/brockville/digital-piano-for-sale-kawai-es1-88-keys/1142535857

I have a Korg SP-250, that's adequate for playing out. But at $400 cdn, I'm thinking this might be good as a spare; or main and make the Korg a spare. I've never tried one and the poster is about 40 minutes from here. Anyone who owns or has auditioned one -- opinions?

• 3 months later...
  • Members

I've auditioned a Kawai ES100 for many hours, and it's f'ing fantastic! $400 cdn seems like an absolute steal for it. Did you end up getting it? I think it's one of the best digital pianos under four figures. It flies under the radar, everyone's talking about Casios and Yamahas, but the Kawai to me is the best of the bunch around that price range.

• Members

Ah man, that's a shame. That price really did seem too good to be true. It is a fantastic digital piano, if you get a chance to play it throw on some headphones and spend some time with it. I was considering nothing but Casios and Yamahas, and a digital piano guide I found (edit: this one if you want to read for yourself) turned me onto it. I regret not picking one up when I had the chance, but I didn't quite have the cash on hand at the time!

• Members

Yeah, but... I know that a certain amount of what's on Kijiji is stolen and you really can't tell. But when I have deep suspicions about someone or something -- the seller had been convicted of smuggling turtles of all things and the price was just too low -- then I think it's better for the soul to let it go.

Archived