sheet music stand attachment to keyboard stand

buckey

• Members

Anyone know any attachments to a keyboard stand that can hold sheet music? I'd prefer to save space by not having a floor music stand.

I saw this Quik Lok attachment, but it seems like it would be off-center at one of the top tubes.

http://www.quiklok.com/catalog/?p=productsMore&iProduct=228&sName=QLX-5

There's also this clamp-on music stand by Stagg:

http://www.staggmusic.com/en/product_detail/mus-arm_1.html

But then I would probably need a vertical rod attachment such as below, which starts to make me nervous with multiple attachments from different manufacturers.

https://on-stage.com/products/view/117177

Any other ideas out there?

• Members

For a while we used a 7-sheet-wide "desk" simply resting on the extra supports our keyboard stand has for an additional (higher) keyboard.

The desk was 1/4" wood with some simple framing to add stiffness; the bottom framing was simply angled wood to form a lip. All relatively lightweight.

The keyboard stand is one of those Z things designed to hold two keyboards; the actual keyboard is mounted on the lower arms, and we leaned the desk against the risers that would have supported the upper arms/second keyboard.

Since then, we've moved all the sheet music to MobilSheets Pro (Android app) and display sheet music on a 10" tablet, doing page turns with an AirTurn Bluetooth foot pedal thing. (I understand forScore would be a similar app for iThings.) A 12" tablet would likely be better.

-D44

• Members

If you want to go the tablet route, option #3 with a goose neck to a tablet mount would let you get the tablet pretty central, depending on the length of the goose neck. I played like that recently, I just turned the mount sideways then used the goose neck (6 inch) to get the tablet where I wanted it. Not quite central but workable.

The weight of a sheet music holder would probably cause a goose neck to wilt, especially a longer one.

6bb9605e8cc446ad0856eae16e1c11a5.jpg.bcae9ac9885df1b7254cdf6d108f883f.jpg

• Members

I should have thought to mention her tablet is simply clamped directly to the keyboard stand -- behind the keyboard, on the upper center strut that connects the two leg pieces -- with a tablet holder. That one happens to be an Arkon brand thing.

-D44

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I've tried different sheet music stands and still nothing beats a good floor standing cast iron stand. You can tip it to where all your books will stay open. It's all I will use. Some cast iron sheet music stands have fold up legs that makes it easier to move them.

I have a clip on light for mine too.

I had a cheap fold up sheet music stand dump my notebook across the stage. It was a huge pain and people were laughing. People can't help but being dicks.

I then had the 3 rings in each of my notebooks welded. Nothing's ever going to fall out of those again. Since they're full of sheet protectors, I can still change what is in each notebook.

I guess you could say that any other type of sheet music stand isn't how I'll cut corners anymore.

Archived