If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
The only differences between the PC3 and the PC3K are:
1) The K has wood end panels
2) The K allows you to load 128K of user samples into Flash memory which is available on boot up
3) The K has a USB port that allows you to use a thumb drive to load samples and OS updates
The original PC3 has:
1) Plastic end panels
2) No flash memory. Instead, there's room for an additional ROM expansion board, which will most likely never be manufactured.
3) Uses a XD memory card instead of a USB port. There is an onboard USB port that will allow you to connect to a computer for OS updates/saving files, but you can't use it to save/load from a thumb drive. YOu'll need an XD card for that. You can find these on eBay. Only some kinds of XD cards are compatible. See Kurzweil's site for specs.
As noted above, there is a forthcoming ROM expansion in the works, which will be compatible with both the PC3 and PC3K series.
The original PC3 has: 3) Uses a XD memory card instead of a USB port. There is an onboard USB port that will allow you to connect to a computer for OS updates/saving files, but you can't use it to save/load from a thumb drive.
It's always amazed me how far behind keyboard companies are when it comes to technology. The USB interface has been around since the 90's!
Now that I think of it, the Korg M3 and Yamaha Motif XS were released before the Kurzweil PC3 series and they both have USB ports for external hard drives/flash drives.
And R&D for PC3 was conceived BEFORE M3 and XS (in 2003 or 2004 IIRC, when Kurzweil was just FIVE PEOPLE!!!), Kurzweil at that point decided on using xD and when the design was done it was too late to do any changes.
If you need a KSP script, e-mail me! Depending on amount of work, the price can be arranged!
Folio: Zero-G - Animato | Sonokinetic - Tigris & Euphrates - Desert Voice - Carousel - Toccata - Voices Of Israel - EMP - FE | Hollow Sun - HSDV Drum Synthesiser - Music Laboratory Machines Series - RMI Electrapiano
I just got a new non B stock PC361 last month. You've been lied to.
Maybe not lied to.... it just depends on the specific dealer, and the distributors in each country. Some dealers might have a few units left.... but the PC3 and PC3x are getting harder to find "new" at this point, while there still seems to be a supply of PC361s.