Pianoteq4

Dr.Wu

• Members

Beautiful composition Dr. Wu. The recording quality is stellar, and I envy it!

If my PC could handle it, I'd get Pianoteq with no second thought... and use my hardware synth for everything else.

Aside from a real piano, I don't think I've heard any hardware that sounds that good.

I wish you the best of luck with your music. You are very talented. You should commercialize it [TV commercials, films, etc].

:thu:

• Members

I enjoyed that very much. Would you say that Pianoteq has surpassed the various sample-based piano instruments now? As a computational guy, I would really like to learn about what is going on in the program though I suspect that Modart keeps that sort of thing secret.

• Members

Thanks guys. I have been a Pianoteq user since version one. The software sure came a long way since then.

I always felt that it was more fun to play than any sampled piano thanks to the whole interaction between notes and pedals etc but the first 2 versions were seriously lacking in the tone department. Version 3 made a pronounced jump in tone quality and with version 4 i feel that it finally rivals the tone of even the most sophisticated samplesets. I am a big fan of the Roland V-Piano but could never justify the expense. Pianoteq is the only product that literally plays in the same ballpark for me. Very happy with it. BTW the CPU demand isnt really that high Med. Did you try the demo? Regarding the recording quality-I didnt use any EQ or compression on this track.Its just a couple of Omnisphere parts, the Trilian acoustic and a mix of RMX and Toontracks for the drums. The thing sounds great out of the box with no tweaking!

• Members

I'd say it's about the same. Neither significantly better or worse. It works fine on my 2gig core 2 duo black macbook unless I stress the system with, say, iTunes, youTube and Pianoteq all at once or try to have too much going on in Logic. A nuisance but nothing fatal--just stay off the internet during gigs. I assume that anything built today should manage it just fine.

Version 4 has some very fine pianos. My fave is D4 Blues.

Archived