Hammond 136J and Leslie

funkunited

• Members

Hi guys! I´ve just bought Hammond 136J but I don´t really know anything about Hammonds.. I´m living with Music and I Love sounds of instruments so I got the Hammond. My problem is that my Hammond doesn´t have that typical Hammond organ sound. Is that because I don´t play with Leslie amp? I really need to get that beautiful sound - is there any chance to get this sound with this model? Do you know something about this model? Thank you for your help!

Wikipedia [TABLE=class: wysiwyg_table_jquery-tablesorter wysiwyg_table_sortable wysiwyg_table_wikitable, width: 1037]

[TR]

[TD]Cadette

(model V,VS)[/TD]

[TD]1969–1970s[/TD]

[TD]Entry-level all-tab transistor spinet organ, no tonewheels. This series were all designed in the United States, built in Japan, and subsequently also assembled in England: Initially, first series were built by Yamaha (c.1969–), then by Nihon Hammond during 1973–1975. Subsequently Hammond UK began to import these models in kit form, and assembled in proper wooden cases for domestic market.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

• Members

The typical Hammond that you "hear" is a tonewheel organ generating the sound. Yours is a non tonewheel transistor organ. The only thing your organ and the B3 model organ have in common is the Hammond name. If you're looking for "that" sound you won't get it from that model even with a Leslie. You purchased the wrong model.

See J100 here: http://theatreorgans.com/hammond/faq/all_hammonds.html

Then lookup B3 for the difference's.

• Members

I believe this is neither a Cadette nor a J100 (which date from the mid/late 60s and have wood that resembles an L100), but rather a 1984 Model 136124, in vinyl pecan. But Dave's conclusions still stand.

I can you can get to Kingston, ON, Canada I can hook you up with a better organ for very little money.

Wes

Archived