Apple buys Redmatica

Ed A.

• Members

That's cool. As a Logic user, I'm happy to see they're continuing development on audio software. I will say, though, the number of people who have no idea what Redmatica's software does making wild predictions on that forum made my head hurt. Siri? WTF?

• Members

Joeflyer59 wrote:

''It doesn't look like some folks here know what this software is. As a redmatica customer, lemme help.

This software cut its teeth on sample management and creation. For those of us professional sound designers and composers with MASSIVE amounts samlples and huge libraries for our EXS24 (the native logic sampler) managing all those files and keeping them optimized can be a major chore. Especially if you use external or additional internal drives.

redmatica sample managers have been a Godsend with regards to Logic. Apple acquiring this tells me that the manager may possibly be integrated, thereby furthering the development of Logic Pro. This, folks, is an AWESOME acquisition. Kinda like when apple first acquired Logic from a little German company called Emagic... It was the best thing to happen to the software.

Logic Pro users are stoked, trust me.

Joey B.

Apple Certified Master Trainer (Logic Pro advanced)''

Sums it up well

Here is the product page:

http://www.redmatica.com/Redmatica/The_Redmatica_Applications.html

• Members

Do you guys think this is a sign that Logic 10 will still take longer to come out? I'm asking because I'm about to buy it and I'd hate to do it right before the new version comes out...

I'm not sure an update version is imminent, but the Developers conference starts 6/11...you may want to wait to here what they do have new planned.

• Members

wow that is pretty big news !1

i think this is gonna be awesome whether they integrate it into logic or not. esx24 has always been kinda lame to create your own patches and i've long been considering buying keymap pro to speed up the process.

redmatica sample managers have been a Godsend with regards to Logic. Apple acquiring this tells me that the manager may possibly be integrated, thereby furthering the development of Logic Pro. This, folks, is an AWESOME acquisition. Kinda like when apple first acquired Logic from a little German company called Emagic... It was the best thing to happen to the software.

i dunno. emagic was a great company and their products were top notch. i've had logic since version 4 and ya it was kinda like math to use but so flexible and powerful.

i've told this tale before but when logic was bought by apple i was pissed cause they discontinued support for pcs. i waited like 5+ years to update from 5 to almost 7, but 8 came out like right when i got my mac.

had to save up for over a year to buy my macbook pro and i wasn't too happy about that but in the end these computers are pretty sweet. tbh tho if it wasn't for logic i would still use my pc and almost got a 003 and pt instead.

i'm pretty afraid of whats going to happen in logic 10 or x. i like buying pro software in a big box full of manuals not some download from an app store. every release they seem to be dumbing down logic for the unwashed masses.

if they do anything remotely similar to what happened in final cut x i'm gonna seriously re-evaluate logic as a professional daw. i still use logic 8 and its been like 5 years not sure how much longer it will be supported.

it would be such a shame i hope and pray they don't screw up logic 10.

• Members
That's really great news. Maybe they're just buying the company for the brains, but I would think this means they have further plans for Logic.

I've been a Redmatica user for years, and their stuff is top notch. I dare say it's the best sample editing/mapping app out there. It won't turn EXS24 into Kontakt, but it'll at least attempt to catch up.

• 1 month later...

Archived