An Open Call For The First Annual CMG Music Compilation!

• Members

n709040638_1526728_9957.jpg

That's right! Schools out and it's time to light a fire under some of you to get those creative juices flowing!

I'm pleased to announce our first ever compilation album of community submitted songs! Each submission must be an original composition and be a mainly synth driven piece.

I'd like to do this each year with a different theme and since it's summer, our first theme will be "Hot Summer Nights". Think the 1908's and the perfect sound track from Jan Hammer tune or a John Carpenter theme to a movie about killer robots! Or even light up the floors with a hot '80's new wave hit! It's completely up to you!

The deadline for submission will be August 31 so that you can be rocking out on your last day of summer when it's released on Labor Day (Sept. 3rd) 2012 as a free download. However the compilation will be limited to 12 songs so reserve your space now by posting in here! If the situation should arise that I'm overwhelmed with submissions, I'll consider extending the length of the album.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you all!

1. Tropic Think

2. Metro Sonus (I'm # 2 hehehehehehe)

3. Christian Rock

4. Clavanother

5. mikelpanky

6. Electric Puppy

7. GregWar

8. The Pro

9. LillithKitten

10. Citizenklaus

11. ComputerControlled

12. MIchael Victor

13. Moonrocks

14. Astronauta Pinguim

15. Purity Control

16. Poly Droid

17. rooftree

18. midinut

19. S&TG

20. Paolo Di Nicolantonio

21. Plink Floyd

And we're now officially closed for submissions. What a great response! Thanks everyone!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Any sort of synth driven 80s sounding music.. Dance , soundtrack, post punk, minimal synth, new wave (jarre etc) synth pop etc.. Or any combination of etc. Just anything evocative of the feel of the decade in its many forms

• Members

Any sort of synth driven 80s sounding music.. Dance , soundtrack, post punk, minimal synth, new wave (jarre etc) synth pop etc.. Or any combination of etc. Just anything evocative of the feel of the decade in its many forms

ah. It actually should be in 1980's 'style'. Forget it.

• Members

That's the fun.. Its sort of a challenge. But I mean really, an 80s inspired comp that sounded nothing like the 80s would be a bit misleading and we have public perception and all to worry about.

I plan on making it a yearly thing with new themes every year and I'm open to suggestions..

Archived