New State of the art Memorymoog Power Supply

atomicsynth

• Members

There is a new power supply of state of the art SMD design available for the Memorymoog which the brilliant designer/builder, Heinz Weierhorst, is able to also adapt for other vintage synths such as Polymoog, Jupiter, Prophet, Chroma and others.

This supply is rev 2 of the same supply that Synthtaste sells to service centers only but at half the price and sold to end users complete with installation instructions. If you're experienced in working inside your synth you can install the supply yourself, as I did. For those not so inclined, any keyboard tech can easily do it.

The current price of the supply is €250 plus shipping from Germany.

I have one running in my Memorymoog, which I personally installed, and it has made a huge difference in the stability and performance of my synth.

The new PSU is an extremely compact switching supply, mounted internally, of course. The supply produces next to no heat, thus eliminating the Memorymoog's massive heat sink  (now replaced with a ventilation panel). The bulky transformer, noisy fan and fuse block are now gone as they are no longer needed.

The supplies are built per order in Germany by Heinz. Your synth will benefit greatly from the now near zero heat environment and state of the art SMD reliability of the supply.

The new power supply takes control of the poorly designed Memorymoog reset circuit. The CPU Ram and rare Curtis devices are now fully protected even in the most unlikely event of supply failure.

The supply is user installable for those experienced with working on their synths or can be installed by any competent vintage synth tech. Full installation instructions are of course included with the supply purchase.

Please contact me at chuckwagner1954@gmail.com with any pre order questions or additional information needed. Serious buyers will be forwarded by me directly to Heinz. He is very busy presently filling orders for supplies and repairing vintage synths for his European clientele and has asked that I handle pre order inquiries.

After purchase which is full in advance preferred or minimum 50% to start the build with the remaining 50% due before shipment. You may acquire a perforated aluminum panel to cover the MM's heatsink space on your own or arrange shipment of a panel with your supply.

Please use my email listed above for enquiries rather than PM's.

Here are some photos of the supply.

Archived