Juno Gi vs Di for live use

• Members

But a regular volume pedal can't control one layer at a time.

That's why I said "simple" volume. ;-)

But actually, you still may be able to do what you want. You might be able to pan one layer left and one layer right, and then use the volume pedal for just one of the two layered sounds.

• Members

So I think I have to go with the GI for the reasons above. Which makes me wonder what can I do with that recorder if Im paying for it anyways.

The only use I can think of is recording my trio durring a gig. But can the GI record the keyboard, bass guitar and vocals to three seperate tracks all at the same time so I could mix them individualy later?

• Members

Weight. I want something under 30 lbs. I was looking at the mox6 and tried a juno di by chance . For whatever reason the action woked for me.

The MOX6 is a terrific board, but wouldn't be my first choice for EPs and organs. The Kurzweil PC361 is a bit heavy at 30.86 lbs, though the SP4-7 is only 24 lbs. I think they are the strongest EP/organ boards of the models we're talking about. But you're right about action being a major consideration too, and very subjective. Personally, I like the PC361 action, but not the SP4-7 action.

• Members

With the deals out there on the PC361 it is by far the strongest choice. For live though the GI is great board and can be configured well with many layers and splits for performance. The MOX6 is a good solid choice as well.

Archived