Keybed type in Nord Stage 2 - any clues?

Michoo

• Members

Hi :) About 2 weeks ago, I had oportunity to try out NS2 88, and I have to say - I loved the keybed from the first touch!

After little investigation I assume, that there is fatar tp40L, or some modification of tp40. But I'm not sure so there is this topic :)

I'm guessing, that it's very close to PC3x or PC3K8 keybed, but hever had a chance to try it myself.

As a PC3 76 user (and one of the worst keybeds ever :/ kurzweil should really talk with fatar to make some replacement possibility) i'm looking for 88 keys controller, with action similar to NS2 (fast response, not very deep keys, but still with full control of sound).

So - is there any midi keyboard with this exact keybed? I know that there can be something from studiologic, but I'm not sure if it's exact type (because of different TP40 keybeds).

One of my favourites is Studiologic Acuna - but never had a chance to try it (or check NE3 HP, kurzweil SP4 series, where is this keybed AFAIK), mostly because of the weight ;)

Does anybody here had a chance to check it? Is it fast, is it light in touch, is it shallow or deep?

Ofcourse I can replace PC3 with PC3x (used) or new PC3K8, or buy nord ;) but since the price dropping I will loose much money...

• Members

The Kurzweil PC3X/PC3K8 are TP40L. I believe the Nord Stage 2 is a TP/40M.

I have played the TP/100 in the Numa Piano and Nano. It does not feel like the NS2, it is more sluggish feeling. Overall, I'd say it's closer to a Casio PX-130/330/3, though with a more solid bottom.

• 4 years later...
Guest Guest

NB:

I have had great problems with sharp corners on the white keys on my Nord Stage 2 EX 88. I actually had to return the keyboard (with a loss!) and have now bought a RD2000 (great action and feel).

The problem with the Nord is when doing 'wide chords' where a white key is pressed down and the finger then slides upwards past the corner of the key to the left of it :-( .. mayby a faulty production line from the Italien supplier? .. of this "hand made in Sweden" keyboard?? ..

Archived