Jaspers Keyboard Stands? opinions? and a few bad stands i have had lol!

Waynester

• Members

Hi Guys

i am over here in the UK

it seems i have been unfortunate with keyboard stands, my Silver Konig & Meyer Spider Pro Keyboard Stand collapsed on me 4 weeks ago after a gig, i sent it back to Konig and they sent me a brand new one, which was nice of them, keyboards were damaged, but got fixed very quickly... so surprisingly i cant bare to use one again, i have sold it and bought a Quiklok SL930, which is worse lol!!

http://www.quiklok.com/catalog/p=pro...49&sName=SL930

i do have a Quiklok Z72 which i still love, best stand i have ever owned

http://c1.zzounds.com/media/fit,2018...576fbeea83.JPG

so...as i am in a Bon Jovi Tribute Band, i thought id go for someat different, more 80`s David Bryan style lol!

i`m looking at an A Frame Keyboard stand made by Jaspers in Germany

this one Jaspers 4S-150XLS - Thomann UK

anyone had one? easy to set up and take down before and after a gig on a large stage? does it wobble at all? sturdy?

i always have about 90 - 120 minutes set up time before a show thumb.gif

will be housing a Roland Fantom X8 on the bottom, a Yamaha Motif ES7 on the 2nd tier and a Hammond XK1C on the 3rd tier

any pics of your jaspers stands onstage would be awesome

• Members

I bought one about 4 years ago.

Pros= Great strong and sturdy stand for a studio

Cons = If you want to take it down and set it up quickly, forget it.

I was hoping it was going to be like the A Frames I toured with in the 80s, I could have them up in 4 minutes and down even faster and tucked away in its gig bag.

The Jasper stands are not built or engineered to be able to assemble quickly and many of the small touches of the 80's stands are not present in Jasper.

Like I said, great stand if you want to set it and forget it, but if you don't want to spend lots of time assembling it every night, look elsewhere.

• Members

Hi again

surely once the Jaspers stand is setup onstage and the tier arms put correctly into place, it can simply have the tier arms folded back in, and the thing folded up as compact as possible?

Then put into the back of our big van?

Archived