The Barry Manilow Blandness Thread

• Members

With credit to mate_stubb. :thu:

In this thread we post our cheesiest and "safest" tracks. Post your most velvet strains, your most suave songs! That song your grandma loves to hear you play (and makes you cringe everytime you play it?) Yeah, That one!

Post it here! Let us bask in the bland!

But please: Only your OWN WORK. It can be a cover, but do not post random Youtube clips unless it's YOU banging out "Yellow Bird"!

• Members

I've been a fan of Barry Manilow since 1975. His lyrical and melodic compositional skills were actually really good. He also made a lot of people want to sing and play the piano back in the 70s, and "Could It Be Magic" is a nice adaptation of Chopin's Prelude in C Minor.

• Members

i have a really bad cover of Dishwalla's Blue Cars that i did (you know that "tell me all your thoughts on god" song) with an MS2000, er 1 and pretty unfortunate vocals. i'd post it but i'm almost afraid to pollute my soundcloud with it baha

i will do it if someone else posts something embarrassing

• Members

I think you all are missing the point of this thread.
:mad:
Where's the smarmy tunes that you've recorded? Post em!

My first thought was that no one would want to endure the embarrassment of posting such a thing.

• Members

zoink, I think I just went on the same journey as you:

- click on Diametro's link

- listen to "somewhere in time"

- feel a little uneasy

- click on "pray for me greg raymer"

- look at evil picture whilst listening to eerie song

- close window

- *shudder*

Identical.

• Members

Yay! ... Winning!

And a sincere "thank you" for listening ... The worst reaction to music is no reaction at all ... (A subliminal feeling of disquietude is something I intentionally instill into many my productions (often by ignoring conventional wisdom of how a track should sound and be produced) ... I'd like to think not ALL my tracks are like that ... But really most of these songs fall under the banner of "electronic cabaret" so who knows I'm definitely trying to give them a diffular feel ... )

Part of what I'm trying to do with my music is stake out some unique territory ... So ... I accept everyone's -- especially here lol -- are not going to want to stay and visit ...

Thanks all the same ...

(The door's always open ... "I've got some popsicles in my basement ... " )

• Members

Yay! ... Winning!

Part of what I'm trying to do with my music is stake out some unique territory ... So ... I accept everyone's -- especially here lol -- are not going to want to stay and visit ...

Thanks all the same ...

I thought the production style was interesting, and the lyrics seemed arbitrary and strange.

It's like the demented alter-ids of Peter Gabriel, Arthur Brown, Roger Waters, and Alan Parsons somehow merged as a schizophrenic antisocial basement dweller with a penchant for harpsichord music, scary carnivals, and sexual deviance.

So yeah. I liked it.

• Members

I thought the production style was interesting, and the lyrics seemed arbitrary and strange.

It's like the demented alter-ids of Peter Gabriel, Arthur Brown, Roger Waters, and Alan Parsons somehow merged as a schizophrenic antisocial basement dweller with a penchant for harpsichord music, scary carnivals, and sexual deviance.

So yeah. I liked it.

That's too much lol ... It's not Emmys or gold records but scattered moments like this that make it all worth it ...

(It might be time for a new schtick, though ... )

Archived