Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September New Gear Thread!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kronos, Fant.G8, PC3X, K2500RS, A6, Q, M3-61, Fant.X7, Motif 8, EX5(x2), V-Synth, K2000(x2), D50, JD800, JD990, JP8080, XP30, MC909, MC505, JX-10, JX-305, TR-707, Juno 1, DR-202, Radias, Triton Pro, Wavest. SR, EMX1, ESX1, ER-1, EA-1, R3, Poly 800, RS7000, FS1R (x2), RM1X, AN200, DX200, QY70, QY100, K5000S, OB-12, Maschine,ASR10,ASR88,ASR-X Pro, EPS,Virus B, Equinox,E-Mu XL-7,MiniAK, Synthstation,X-Station, XioSynth,TG33,Venom,V50,UltraNova,Z1,Spark,Moog LP Stage II, JP8000,Tetra,Supernova 2.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

Your user name is fitting - it's the sound I make after looking at that list of gear you own.
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">octatrack + monomachine mkII + live 8 + samples = crap.<br />
      <b>also starring: </b>Fender Strat / P-Bass, 828mkII, ADAM A7s, Vox VT30, TC Electronics RH750, some effect pedals, <a href="http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&amp;tag=mozilla-20&amp;index=blended&amp;link_code=qs&amp;field-keywords=venture%20brothers&amp;sourceid=Mozilla-search" target="_blank">Venture Bros. DVDs</a><br />
      </font></div>

Comment

I get your point.

But I've wanted a Moog since the 1980s (never owned one), and it really sounds amazing. I got a Moog!
        Kronos, Fant.G8, PC3X, K2500RS, A6, Q, M3-61, Fant.X7, Motif 8, EX5(x2), V-Synth, K2000(x2), D50, JD800, JD990, JP8080, XP30, MC909, MC505, JX-10, JX-305, TR-707, Juno 1, DR-202, Radias, Triton Pro, Wavest. SR, EMX1, ESX1, ER-1, EA-1, R3, Poly 800, RS7000, FS1R (x2), RM1X, AN200, DX200, QY70, QY100, K5000S, OB-12, Maschine,ASR10,ASR88,ASR-X Pro, EPS,Virus B, Equinox,E-Mu XL-7,MiniAK, Synthstation,X-Station, XioSynth,TG33,Venom,V50,UltraNova,Z1,Spark,Moog LP Stage II, JP8000,Tetra,Supernova 2.

Comment

I get your point.

But I've wanted a Moog since the 1980s (never owned one), and it really sounds amazing. I got a Moog!

No point being made... More the feeling that I could not cope with it all in one go... I am sure over a period of time it is easy to gain a collection...

I would love one of those Moogs and I could never justify it. Picking up the free Arturia Soft Synth was great to get a little bit on the sound when needed...

I am sure you will love that thing, it has a luscious filter and real character...
          世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

actually bought in August, but first time had chance to take some pics today.

I'm a pretty picky person, generally. I want my stuff to be unapologetically good sounding. with that in mind, and what I was after, my initial thoughts:
            the plusses:
            1) sounds like a HAMMOND!
            2) real drawbars and good sounding leslie sim
            3) compact - this thing is so much smaller footprint and only 15lbs vs. the XK-1 I used to own 4) tactile feel of the keybed.

the minuses:
            1) as some others have mentioned, the extra voices are just so-so, but that's OK, I have them covered already with my primary board
            2) I gotta get some velcro to hold this puppy down, so light.
            3) only a few "rock" pre-sets, but I can and will make more (already got my Santana ones made and saved).

looking forward to gigging this in a few weeks.

Comment

Hope you got this delivery lady ;-)

The Acoustic Piano sounded cool in that vid!
              世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

The delivery lady was just the sprinkles on top of the cupcake.

Comment

I actually decided to buy some plugins this month - mostly for processing modular sounds but also for fun. I bought some Twisted Tools stuff. I already made one sample map for S-Layer of all modular stuff. This stuff is great fun

I also grabbed Iris + 2. I made an offer to AudioDeluxe for 20% off their price and they accepted. I figured if they were having a 20% off sale on effects they might do that for synths too. I demo'd this over my 4 day Labor Day holiday - played with it quite a bit - and decided that I really like it and that it really is quite different than Alchemy in its user interface. It is actually much simpler than Alchemy but also has a friendly and fun interface. Most importantly it sounds marvelous!

<div class="signaturecontainer">Gribs<br />
                  <font size="3"><br />
                  <font size="1"><i>...Music can be used to stimulate mass emotion, while mathematics cannot; and musical incapacity is recognized (no doubt rightly) as mildly discreditable, whereas most people are so frightened of the name of mathematics that they are ready, quite unaffectedly, to exaggerate their own mathematical stupidity.<br />
                  </i><br />
                  G.H. Hardy in A Mathematician's Apology (London 1941).</font></font></div>

Comment

I get your point.

So, is it living up to your expectations - or are you bored with it already.

Comment

Ouch! (Zoinks! Jinkies!)
                      <div class="signaturecontainer">Gribs<br />
                      <font size="3"><br />
                      <font size="1"><i>...Music can be used to stimulate mass emotion, while mathematics cannot; and musical incapacity is recognized (no doubt rightly) as mildly discreditable, whereas most people are so frightened of the name of mathematics that they are ready, quite unaffectedly, to exaggerate their own mathematical stupidity.<br />
                      </i><br />
                      G.H. Hardy in A Mathematician's Apology (London 1941).</font></font></div>

Comment

Been There - Done That

Comment

Nice way to rain on the Moog parade, if that's the kind of jab it appears to be.

The LP is exceeding expectations, actually. I'll be enjoying it for many years to come.

I don't get bored with my gear. If I bought it in the first place, it's because a lot of research and forethought went into it, and I tend to hold onto things for the very reason. I still have and use synths that I bought 10, 15, and 25 years ago.

In my experience, the people who get bored easily are the ones who buy and sell their gear every 6 months.

Comment

The LP is exceeding expectations, actually. I'll be enjoying it for many years to come.

Are you still going to get a Voyager?

Comment

Not exactly synth related but a neck-through Ibanez for peanuts is not something I could pass on.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="verdana"><a href="http://www.reverbnation.com/christianschulze" target="_blank">http://www.reverbnation.com/christianschulze</a></font></div>

Comment

Working...
                              X