Korg has "major announcement" on september 4:th

big thing

• Members

There's a banner on korg.com saying they're to make a "major announcement" on september 4:th.

This doesn't feel good...

"Major announcement" is not the same as "exciting new product" or "be prepared to be amazed".

This feels like something on a corporate level, like going belly up, or being merged or bought.

What do you think?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The first show was ('' insert well known keyboardist '' )

The second show included the TOTALLY AWESOME MICROKORG tm !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY

The third show will probably not be Korg USA announcing weddings or funerals or the like... Just them saying hi, look at our cool products, and winners of comps and stuff...

You worry too much... LOL

• Members

This isn't a business or organization announcement.
My bet that it's a product announcement.

Probably a lower cost version of Kronos, a la Yamaha Motif/ MOX.
Either that, or hybrid Kronos/ Monotron. I can see it now, they can replace the keyboard with the Monotron strip keyboard

• Members

major , sounds very, hmmmmm major, ya know

electribe with VA doesn't sound very major to me

kronos was major. hmmmm so it's gotta be some as major as kronos? I have a major headache now

new acoustic drums from korg, that's major, but unlikely. ya know- something like that.

i guess it's M50's replacement. derived from kronos

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ChristianRock View Post
Mergers and acquisitions are usually dealt with press releases. So I don't think that's the case.
Of course they are, silly me...

Well, if nothing else, I showed the world how much I know about corporate policies!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Klaus View Post
Korg did just launch a single-question Facebook poll asking whether users preferred knobby or simplified interfaces for their synths...
That's one of those questions no one should have to ask.

• Members

I think they will announce successor of M50. Notice that M50 is getting out from stock with major discount. They are making place for it's successor. M50 was announced also at early fall 2008, so it's just a regular update to the line.

Archived