Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korg has "major announcement" on september 4:th

There's a banner on korg.com saying they're to make a "major announcement" on september 4:th.

This doesn't feel good...

"Major announcement" is not the same as "exciting new product" or "be prepared to be amazed".

This feels like something on a corporate level, like going belly up, or being merged or bought.

What do you think?

Yea, that announcement doesn't scream "HEY GUYZ! WE HAVE A GREAT NEW PRODUCT ABOUT TO HIT THE SHELVES!"

I hope nothing bad is happening. I <3 Korg.
    A dead astronaut in space...

Comment

Mergers and acquisitions are usually dealt with press releases. So I don't think that's the case.

Probably a product announcement that can't wait until the next trade show, I think.
      http://www.reverbnation.com/christianschulze

Comment

62 key kronos ?

Comment

62 key kronos ?

Comment

hmmmmmmmmmm any predictions?

edit

I'm getting annoyed by these waiting

Comment

It looks like a product announcement (New Electribe with VA and two part analog monosynth please?).
              Kronos, Fant.G8, PC3X, K2500RS, A6, Q, M3-61, Fant.X7, Motif 8, EX5(x2), V-Synth, K2000(x2), D50, JD800, JD990, JP8080, XP30, MC909, MC505, JX-10, JX-305, TR-707, Juno 1, DR-202, Radias, Triton Pro, Wavest. SR, EMX1, ESX1, ER-1, EA-1, R3, Poly 800, RS7000, FS1R (x2), RM1X, AN200, DX200, QY70, QY100, K5000S, OB-12, Maschine,ASR10,ASR88,ASR-X Pro, EPS,Virus B, Equinox,E-Mu XL-7,MiniAK, Synthstation,X-Station, XioSynth,TG33,Venom,V50,UltraNova,Z1,Spark,Moog LP Stage II, JP8000,Tetra,Supernova 2.

Comment

It would be funny if this were just a spoof of Roland's 'countdown'.
                Kronos, Fant.G8, PC3X, K2500RS, A6, Q, M3-61, Fant.X7, Motif 8, EX5(x2), V-Synth, K2000(x2), D50, JD800, JD990, JP8080, XP30, MC909, MC505, JX-10, JX-305, TR-707, Juno 1, DR-202, Radias, Triton Pro, Wavest. SR, EMX1, ESX1, ER-1, EA-1, R3, Poly 800, RS7000, FS1R (x2), RM1X, AN200, DX200, QY70, QY100, K5000S, OB-12, Maschine,ASR10,ASR88,ASR-X Pro, EPS,Virus B, Equinox,E-Mu XL-7,MiniAK, Synthstation,X-Station, XioSynth,TG33,Venom,V50,UltraNova,Z1,Spark,Moog LP Stage II, JP8000,Tetra,Supernova 2.

Comment

The first show was ('' insert well known keyboardist '' )

The second show included the TOTALLY AWESOME MICROKORG tm !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY

The third show will probably not be Korg USA announcing weddings or funerals or the like... Just them saying hi, look at our cool products, and winners of comps and stuff...

You worry too much... LOL
                  世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

Did I mention, the second vid is worth a reply for the TOTALLY AWESOME MICROKORG tm

;-)
                    世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

This isn't a business or organization announcement.

My bet that it's a product announcement.

Probably a lower cost version of Kronos, a la Yamaha Motif/ MOX.

Either that, or hybrid Kronos/ Monotron. I can see it now, they can replace the keyboard with the Monotron strip keyboard

Comment

major , sounds very, hmmmmm major, ya know

electribe with VA doesn't sound very major to me

kronos was major. hmmmm so it's gotta be some as major as kronos? I have a major headache now

new acoustic drums from korg, that's major, but unlikely. ya know- something like that.

i guess it's M50's replacement. derived from kronos

Comment

Korg did just launch a single-question Facebook poll asking whether users preferred knobby or simplified interfaces for their synths...

Keys and Pads: Arturia Analog Laboratory 49, Arturia Spark, Korg Kronos 61, Korg nanoPad 2
                          Strings: Carvin Bolt HSS w/ Wilkinson vibrato
                          DAWs: FL Studio 10, Sonar X2 Producer
                          Plugs: Arturia V Collection 3, Crypton Vocaloid 2 Megurine Luka, Korg Legacy Collection, Madrona Labs Aalto, NI Guitar Rig 5, Toontrack Superior Drummer 2.0

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianRock
                            View Post

Mergers and acquisitions are usually dealt with press releases. So I don't think that's the case.

Of course they are, silly me...

Well, if nothing else, I showed the world how much I know about corporate policies!

Comment

where is the Korg guy when you need him??
                              Guess what? ! I have a Fever and the prescription is more cowbell !

Moog Modular,B3 leslie,gran piano, GX1

Comment

Working...
                              X