Collapse
No announcement yet.

Korg Krome

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure this qualifies as a "major" announcement.
    http://soundcloud.com/donchesson

Comment

The choice of name is interesting. You'd think they might worry a bit that Google would get upset at using the name Krome. No, Google isn't in the musical instrument business, but people have sued over such name similiarities even if a product isn't in the same industry.
      Some Ramblings from Mr. Gueguen
      http://timgueguen.blogspot.com

Saskatoon At 7 Megapixels
      http://saskatoonseven.blogspot.com

A Magpie Moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxBVa9D0-J4

Comment

It looks to be made for people who know they probably wouldn't use the advanced features and synthesis engines of the Kronos and just want the palette of sounds, and gigging musicians who want something lightweight that sounds good

Sounds like you mean someone like myself. Well, I want even less. I really want a stage piano with Korg's best sounds. But I have no need for a touch screen, sequencer, drum machines or recording. A multitimbral SV1 with better organs would have been just the ticket for me.

Comment

M50 Extreme! I like it! Makes me miss my Triton Extreme.
          Kurz PC1se, Motif XS6, Roland JD-990, Kawai K4, Roland JV-2080, Mopho X4

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Nismology
            View Post

Forgive me, but apart from the nicer touch screen and a new piano sound, is there really anything that makes this worth ditching my M50?? It's not looking worth the upgrade so far, especially if they haven't improved the keybed. I also happen to think it looks fugly as sin.

Do you use the cord assign buttons?

They seem to have gone...
            世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

did anyone notice if it has the pattern assigned to a key RPPR function?
              Korg Triton Extreme, Yamaha CP33, Vermona Lancet Mono, Voce V3, M Audio Venom
              Carvin TL60t, G&L S500 tribute, Agile AL3010 > Carvin MTS Combo Korg AX3000G

Bus to Neptune
              www.bustoneptune.com

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by tim gueguen
                View Post

The choice of name is interesting. You'd think they might worry a bit that Google would get upset at using the name Krome. No, Google isn't in the musical instrument business, but people have sued over such name similiarities even if a product isn't in the same industry.

Google Chrome has a different spelling, so there's no real conflict.
                Kronos, Fant.G8, PC3X, K2500RS, A6, Q, M3-61, Fant.X7, Motif 8, EX5(x2), V-Synth, K2000(x2), D50, JD800, JD990, JP8080, XP30, MC909, MC505, JX-10, JX-305, TR-707, Juno 1, DR-202, Radias, Triton Pro, Wavest. SR, EMX1, ESX1, ER-1, EA-1, R3, Poly 800, RS7000, FS1R (x2), RM1X, AN200, DX200, QY70, QY100, K5000S, OB-12, Maschine,ASR10,ASR88,ASR-X Pro, EPS,Virus B, Equinox,E-Mu XL-7,MiniAK, Synthstation,X-Station, XioSynth,TG33,Venom,V50,UltraNova,Z1,Spark,Moog LP Stage II, JP8000,Tetra,Supernova 2.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by zoink
                  View Post

Google Chrome has a different spelling, so there's no real conflict.

It's not as simple as that. If you came out with a browser called Krome, google could probably get on you for that. Trademark law is not cut and dried, but is somewhat tied to how likely a similar name is to cause market confusion. In addition, Chrome is a regular english word (unlike, say, Kleenex), so that further will further limit (but not eliminate) the claims they can make on the term.

Comment

already available here, but funny, M50 still slightly pricier

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherScott
                      View Post

It's not as simple as that. If you came out with a browser called Krome, google could probably get on you for that. Trademark law is not cut and dried, but is somewhat tied to how likely a similar name is to cause market confusion. In addition, Chrome is a regular english word (unlike, say, Kleenex), so that further will further limit (but not eliminate) the claims they can make on the term.

I understand that. But the fact that they're dissimilar products with differently spelled names being offered in completely disparate markets pretty much eliminates any controversy over trademark priority.
                      Kronos, Fant.G8, PC3X, K2500RS, A6, Q, M3-61, Fant.X7, Motif 8, EX5(x2), V-Synth, K2000(x2), D50, JD800, JD990, JP8080, XP30, MC909, MC505, JX-10, JX-305, TR-707, Juno 1, DR-202, Radias, Triton Pro, Wavest. SR, EMX1, ESX1, ER-1, EA-1, R3, Poly 800, RS7000, FS1R (x2), RM1X, AN200, DX200, QY70, QY100, K5000S, OB-12, Maschine,ASR10,ASR88,ASR-X Pro, EPS,Virus B, Equinox,E-Mu XL-7,MiniAK, Synthstation,X-Station, XioSynth,TG33,Venom,V50,UltraNova,Z1,Spark,Moog LP Stage II, JP8000,Tetra,Supernova 2.

Comment

Not that well recorded but better than nothing ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6nocnyF25E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3u2MS8Oq_M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQq9xvDWu0Y
                        世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard
                          View Post

Do you use the cord assign buttons?

They seem to have gone...

As much as I initially thought them useless, I actually did end up using them. I do wish they were assignable to different functions other than chord triggering. I wouldn't really miss them to be honest.

What I really wanted was to be able to change arp or drum track patterns on the fly in combi mode.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by zzzxtreme
                            View Post

already available here, but funny, M50 still slightly pricier

I heard 1200$ Sounds about right then.

so what's the difference between krome and m50? m50 is the m3 engine and krome is the kronos engine?
                            Give me my moog, but **** off you american techno rockstar! people in countries I've never been to do it better than you!

Computer Music Guide

Comment

I want some midrange workstation to replace my good ol' Motif 7. All I want is good synth action keyboard, aftertouch and basic workstation-sounds to get me going without computer. I thought that Krome would be winner after my disappointment with MOX (same 64 polyphony as my original Motif, no aftertouch), but no. When did manufacturers decide that midrange workstations don't need aftertouch?

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Quru
                                View Post

I want some midrange workstation to replace my good ol' Motif 7. All I want is good synth action keyboard, aftertouch and basic workstation-sounds to get me going without computer. I thought that Krome would be winner after my disappointment with MOX (same 64 polyphony as my original Motif, no aftertouch)

Maybe look for a used Motif XS (or XF)? In a new board, the closest to what you want might be a Kurzweil PC3LE.

Comment

Working...
                                X