Keyboard or rack?

MatheusDinizSR

• Members

Hello there.

I want to buy a new workstation, and I'm deciding between the Fantom X6 and Motif XS6/ES6. My doubts are: I need basically some nice acoustic stuff, like brass, pianos and strings, and some nice synth pads, and simple synth leads (moog suonds, basically).

Does it worth paying 3k more for the keyboards, instead of its racks? Can I easily do splits and layers on sound modules?

I searched a little bit about the Fantom XR, Motif Rack and Sonic Cell Module.

Also, it is possible to create splits on all the keybord on these workstations? Like the first octave with strings, second with synth pad one octave higher, splits with diferrent transposes, etc...

Edit: Oh, and just one more thing: Can I add a midi controller to the Fantom and Motif and use it like a second keyboard? I mean, with different patches and configs. for it..

• Members

Have you considered a software approach? like using VB3 for your organ/leslie, etc....? Since you are on the fence with workstation vs. rackmount, you probably should throw that option into the mix. As an example you can buy a workstation like a Kronos to provide you the sounds you need and spend a ton of money; you could also purchase MIDI racks to provide some centric sounds you may need (also spend a ton of money). You could also purchase plug ins like VB3 to provide the organ/leslie. License is

Archived